Security Installer Community

Do You Ever?

rob6709

Just wake up in the morning and think "Oh bugger its a week day" to say im down with the industry is an understatement. Ive really had enough of it now its getting repetitive. I dont get paid anywhere near enough for the hours i have to commit, the stress from the office and the responsibility i have to undertake. Its a running joke.

Any advice on how i should be thinking or am i just having a bad month lol.

Not my end.

Things seem to get worse for me.

veriety is the spice of life, so f you only doing intruder or only doing CCTv try toget intothe other sections,change is as good as rest

regs

alan

(so anyone want a mother-in-law swap? :lol:)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:D

Don't know anything about you personally but I got accepted to join the RAF when I was still at school, my first choice was aircrew second choice telecomms tech.

I didn' join because at the time I was madly in love with an older woman (she was 16)!

All through my life there have been times when I regretted not joining the RAF but it wasn't until fairly recently that I became too old to join.

The point I'm trying to make is that you probably could still join, it's never too late for a career change.

I got out of the alarm industry to pursue a career in IT several years ago and I am about to have another massive career change and I'm 46 now.

Life's short and as someone famous once said "find a job you enjoy and you never have to work".

The huge regret of not joining the R.A.F when i had the chance.

Rocky between me and the mrs.

Stressfull jobs at work.

Horrible customers.

Amongst other things.

Suggest you read ALL the posts youve made. Might give you an insight on the slope youve been sliding down.

Bet the customers wouldnt be so horrible, job so stressful, wife so niggling - if you sorted yourself out.

If you read this today, get a sheet of paper and at the top of it write down where you want to be in ten years from now.

And tomorrow write down how your gonna get there.

i neary joined the RAF, i did the initial interview and so on at the recruiting office, then got tapped up by my then future brother-in-law, to try alarm systems. i knew nothing about them (nothing changes i know - so just shut up at the back :lol:). he said your adaptable, know your way around tools if you understand how a torche or a door bell works you will have no probs.

think mum had intervened on the side lines, and had a word when i said i'd applied because @18 i was really really gobby sod, even more than now so i would likely have spent most of my service pealing spuds in the glass house s not one to be told anything.

often wonder if my application is still open? :rolleyes:

regs

alan

got to admit (yes perhaps means i'm a sad bugger), but i just love going to work to do any of the trades i cover, any problem just stirs the blood in me up to rise to the challenge.

place doing what i do against working with the same people 9-5 x 5 days a week with all their stupidity's and 2 faced self importance's - this is just self employed heaven imo - so bring it on :yes:

regs

alan

Archived