Security Installer Community

External Cctv Camera Problem

pablopicasso

We have 8 x Color Conch-Style 540 TVL 1/3" SONY CCD cameras fitted inside and outside our premises.

I fitted them myself and all was well until a few days ago one external camera started to show a 'red' (but still viewable) picture on the DVR monitor. Now that camera has ceased working altogether; we have had a lot of bad weather/rain recently.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We have 8 x Color Conch-Style 540 TVL 1/3" SONY CCD cameras fitted inside and outside our premises.

I fitted them myself and all was well until a few days ago one external camera started to show a 'red' (but still viewable) picture on the DVR monitor. Now that camera has ceased working altogether; we have had a lot of bad weather/rain recently.

Faulty camera. Replace.

• 1 month later...

Just to make sure, swap the camera input on the DVR to another channel and if still no picture it definately sounds like a knackered camera

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say it was the camera.

Manchester based Lee 07709 736 987

www.secure-solutions.info

I would try swapping the camera with another to check whether the cable/PSU/DVR is at fault. If the camera is bad on another channel/cable then it is definately the Camera. I fthe second camera is bad then you know it will be another factor.

What make of camera and dvr is it?

Like mentioned try the camera on another input on your dvr then check the voltage at your camera, that will determine if its the camera dvr or psu.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Archived