Security Installer Community

Old Pir, Need Advice

mogden

Guest anguscanplay
Guys,

What if I replace the PIR's and the controller, as suggested. I would still have to use my 4 wire low voltage cables as replacing them with mains is not an option. Are these light control units still available?

Thanks.

yes - replace the lot with GJD stuff (sensors and controller)

yes, you could use say a gjd opal xl sensor and a sapphire controller,

you could go voltek but they dont make a 240v keypad interface. Most proper lighting is all 12v, and the switching and 240v bit is fitted elsewhere. As yours is a 240v controller you need a sapphire or emerald.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for the swift reply. Ironically the link you've suggested is the only device I could find when I did a search. Someone somewhere suggested GJD products where my only option.

Thanks again.

i would say to you consider this first,

when you can buy a security floodlight complete with bulb for

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

for performance id stick with gjd. Also its rare that the light and the sensor are in their best positions when mounted together. I always like the light to be higher and the sensors at 2.4m

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

for performance id stick with gjd. Also its rare that the light and the sensor are in their best positions when mounted together. I always like the light to be higher and the sensors at 2.4m

very true, but why depends on the layout and performance required if it's a bungalow, 1st floor flat - mansion what ever, offering the alternatives for concideration seemed to me a good idea, the o/p has obsolete kit which he could fit a GJD head to and will work - but for how long? relays in the controller wil be near their sell by date, lamp housings corroded as most do, so a realistic budget often overules ideals.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived