Security Installer Community

Modern Alarms Series 3000/scantronic 9100

SIMONADT

Dudes

Had a callout to a series 3000 and the call engineer light was flashing with no fault on the display. got it into engineers, checked the fuses, power, battery etc etc, 99'd it but still it says call engineer. any ideas? :hmm:

had the same in the past but it came up with either a zone or a specific fault.

cheers

si

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

Check to see whether any of the ccts are on test. The call eng light flashes if the cct has failed

The last time someone was there was Feb this year for an RI... nothing is on test.

The last time someone was there was Feb this year for an RI... nothing is on test.

Unlike modern day panels when you put a cct on test on a 9100 they stayed on test until they were removed via the programming and not after a certain amount of days. Ccts on test will still show up as normal on a walk test.

Unlike modern day panels when you put a cct on test on a 9100 they stayed on test until they were removed via the programming and not after a certain amount of days. Ccts on test will still show up as normal on a walk test.

nice one, i'll try that tomorrow then.

The log doesnt work, it beeps to say end of list all the time!!!

Doesn't the 9100 do that on a panel lid tamper?

try 99 with the tamper spring held down, those lids can be buggers to get on.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Doesn't the 9100 do that on a panel lid tamper?

try 99 with the tamper spring held down, those lids can be buggers to get on.

it seemed to be locating the tamper when closing it but will try that too!!!

can the lid t be linked out like Galaxy? Is the spring on a circuit with points anywhere?

Guest anguscanplay

the beeping - log or "scroll " button?

just follow these simple steps - engineer mode - zone number - three - should be 0 if its 1 thats on soak test - sack the other engineer - dont tell the customer - sorted

the beeping - log or "scroll " button?

just follow these simple steps - engineer mode - zone number - three - should be 0 if its 1 thats on soak test - sack the other engineer - dont tell the customer - sorted

quality!!!

consider him sacked.

anyone for a job in the isle of man? lol

Guest anguscanplay
quality!!!

consider him sacked.

anyone for a job in the isle of man? lol

Ive seen sites where soak test was used to disconnect stuff, because your going to down the stu at half past bedtime so you can get to the terminals? yeah right lol

Guest anguscanplay
Also, there was a quirky thing on 9100 where sometimes to clear "call eng" you had to go in and out (inc open lid tamp) twice to clear it.

now that I`ve never come across, do remember that the customer couldnt reset tamper "H" activations though

(mainly remembered because we connected the first couple of remote reset units to it - DOH)

Also, there was a quirky thing on 9100 where sometimes to clear "call eng" you had to go in and out (inc open lid tamp) twice to clear it.

Similar problem, sometimes when you come out of eng zone 4 lit up for no reason. In & out of engineers clears it! Dont know why.

sorry captain british standard!!

Suppose you could link it out, then they get robbed and the loss adjuster finds panel lid link out, insureres wont pay out as system has one little deveation goes back to your compnay who finds out you where the last engineer on site pins blame on you, gets rid for gross misconduct shows up on your vetting cant get another job.

As the saying goes 'if in doubt link it out'

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest anguscanplay
Suppose you could link it out, then they get robbed and the loss adjuster finds panel lid link out, insureres wont pay out as system has one little deveation goes back to your compnay who finds out you where the last engineer on site pins blame on you, gets rid for gross misconduct shows up on your vetting cant get another job.

no doubt, but thats not what were discussing here

How are you ever going to get back into engineer mode if you short the A/T?

Guest anguscanplay

he isnt - someone mislead him that "call engineer" could be the lid tamper open (it isnt, an open tamper just bleeps and does nothing) .......

Yes I think you're right Angus, as I recall you cannot exit engineer mode with a lid tamper.

I'm sure I have come across this problem with a 9100 before (call engineer flashing) but can't for the life the life of me remeber what it indicates. Is it the Auxillary zone open when trying to exit engineer mode or am I talking b******?

Guest anguscanplay
Yes I think you're right Angus, as I recall you cannot exit engineer mode with a lid tamper.

I'm sure I have come across this problem with a 9100 before (call engineer flashing) but can't for the life the life of me remeber what it indicates. Is it the Auxillary zone open when trying to exit engineer mode or am I talking b******?

cannot exit engineer mode with any tamper

if your in engineer mode it means something on soak test

flashes call engineer for tampers. line faults etc in customer mode

Archived