Security Installer Community

Sales.

rob6709

as far as my employer goes, you get a salary but the main frame work of your money is through the commission.

if you get into sales, dont live on or rely on your commission though. i know of one guy who did and although some months he was raking it in... there are quiet times and they can be REALLY quiet.

its a great area to be in if you like sales and selling a product but in my opinion, you really have to know what you are talking about to be able to sell it otherwise when the installation team have finished, us service guys have to constantly change the system to adapt it to its surroundings.

(long story in there somewhere about an incinirator site and a Vesda fire system)

..................anyway

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

work for less basic is an attractive option to a smaller company or offering to use your own car & phone for the 1st 3-6 months while you prove your worth.

experiance in sales is 1/2 the battle but dedication to learn ( & I mean a few hours every night reading) is then required.

What do you currently do?

How would one go about getting into the sales side of things. How does the pay work i understand that it is largly based on commision? Is the pay good?

Why the interest in Sales?

Yes, its a serious question. Are you genuinely interested in a Sales position? If so, what is it that appeals to you? More importantly, what do you think it involves?

work for less basic is an attractive option to a smaller company or offering to use your own car & phone for the 1st 3-6 months while you prove your worth.

experiance in sales is 1/2 the battle but dedication to learn ( & I mean a few hours every night reading) is then required.

What do you currently do?

Could be an idea. At the moment im doing allot of installs of CCTV and door access, Havent done much intruder recently but ive got 3 years experience of installation both commercial and dommenstic and the same for maintainance and faults.

Why the interest in Sales?

Yes, its a serious question. Are you genuinely interested in a Sales position? If so, what is it that appeals to you? More importantly, what do you think it involves?

Because as with allot of mostly domestic installations ive been on i believe i can design and provide a much more adequate system than the salesmen from both companys ive worked for. Ive seen all sorts mostly underprotection.

I am genuinly interested and i have been ever since i went out to do a quote with my first gaffer. The way he confidently went around first asking the customer what he wanted then desingning a sytem to meet he customers needs and adding little bits which enhanced the system.

Im unsure as to what it involves ive only seen one part of it id imagine it would involve allot of paper work.

It is a good job, but it has serious downsides. It s very much results orientated.

What your potential customers need or want to buy may not be aligned to what your company wants.

How do you feel about negative responses?? Again, a genuine point because it is part of the job but often 'skipped over' when you are convincing yourself its the job for you.

It is a good job, but it has serious downsides. It s very much results orientated.

What your potential customers need or want to buy may not be aligned to what your company wants.

How do you feel about negative responses?? Again, a genuine point because it is part of the job but often 'skipped over' when you are convincing yourself its the job for you.

AKA bad feedback losing out on jobs. Its a learning curve as with everything. I cannot expect to just go straight into it and become top boy.

you looking to gain experience then go it alone?

I havent got the money behind me to go it alone just yet i may do at some point. But i did think about this. If i were to run my own buissness i would want to provide a service that people want. Ive always had the impression that customers see alarms as a grudge purchase rather than something they actually want and are wiling to spend considerable amounts of money on. Obviously security is a necessity for some people.

Archived