Security Installer Community

Best/worst Employers

Hugorune

I've worked for quite a few companies over the years, some good, some very bad, both as an employee and latterly as a subbie.

I'm not going to name names. Some of these companies would quite happily have you lie to customers, and in fact actively encourage you to sell systems and equipment to people who didn't need it (or tell them their system/panel/detectors needed to be replaced when there was nothing wrong with it and generally act in a dishonest fashion. I may be many things but dishonest I am not. Had some fallings out over that kind of behaviour.

Just wondering if others have had similar experiences re. employers.

Oh changed my mind about the naming names, but only in regards to the good guys.

Bell Security (based in Edinburgh) were a great company to work for. Very good salary, good bosses (mostly) and a great bunch of guys to work with.

Secom were also a good company to work for.

naming people can cause issues. The person making the claim if unproved or has shallower pockets that the other person will loose a lot of money.

If you have all the proof you need to prove it in court and post it as well.... but if your wrong say goodbye to your house.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ADT - great employer as far as im concerned. No company pension scheme about the only downside.

Maybe its being in the IOM that makes it better but i think they are a great company

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

ADT - great employer as far as im concerned. No company pension scheme about the only downside.

Maybe its being in the IOM that makes it better but i think they are a great company

what is the IOM then???

Dunno if i would want to join it(if i worked for ADT...which i dont) :whistle:

Worked for an NSI gold company-they supplied the vehicle and consumables ie screws etc-the tools etc were supplied by me, all hand tools, all power tools-I had around about 5k's worth on the van at any one time-none of which was covered by company insurance!-as I found out after when my PDA was pinched at midday by some scumbag who broke the window, in the centre of town with passers by in attendance.

The owner/proprieter of MSI(David Hardman) was informed of the incident and casually mentioned that my theft would not be covered !!!.

Apparently none of the vehicles contents-ie tools bought by MSI engineers are covered by the companies insurance-But this was not made known to the engineering staff!!!!!.

Richard.

i was never told about it, had to arrange my own through a third party.

i asked my manager too and he said he had to do the same???

i was an FLM and i had a pension through ADT. Ask HR on monday and they wil lpoint you in the direction.

As much as i love :ninja: ADT, thier pension was quite good

coolio

do they do a matching thing or is it employee contribution only?

sorry to be a pain, i'll phone Halesowen tomorrow

i know that applies in the UK but even ADT has different regulations in the Isle of Man.

The joys of having our own Government

Guest anguscanplay
i know that applies in the UK but even ADT has different regulations in the Isle of Man.

The joys of having our own Government

any space left?

what for? more residents to the Island? Not really cos of the Eastern European influx.............

lol

no jobs going at the mo unfortunately...... subby work may be different though? I'd have to find out!!

any space left?

No you can't go and live out your retirement there with arf in tow :whistle:

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived