Security Installer Community

Private Use Opt Out Question

Huxley

in which case i`d probably want my van back at night then - nothing to do with tax

You can see why some staff hate working for the companys if the boss treats you like that :rolleyes: remember it's the staff out in the field that earn your money !!!

Treat your staff well and they will in return

Guest anguscanplay
You can see why some staff hate working for the companys if the boss treats you like that :rolleyes: remember it's the staff out in the field that earn your money !!!

Treat your staff well and they will in return

on the other threads were still discussing staff stealing " use of vans ....."

strange world isn`t it?

on the other threads were still discussing staff stealing " use of vans ....."

strange world isn`t it?

im sooo glad im self employed :yes: no boss telling me what to do and what not to do

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay
im sooo glad im self employed :yes: no boss telling me what to do and what not to do

no boss holding your hand, taking responsibility and making sure YOUR wife and kids have something to eat you mean?

Makes me laugh how all these "super engineers" wouldnt put there bits in the vice and take the risks we did but moan like crazy about how easy we have it and how much THEY earn us

I`m starting to wonder just why Hux`s new employers want to know what there asking and quite why he`s so retisant (sic) to provide the info

Having had a similar experience...

boss needs to show the tax man beyond reasonable doubt that you aren't still using the van for private use...

they can do it in one of a few ways:

make you sign a statement explaining you can and can't do in the van.

ask for details of your other vehicle so they can say to the tax man if he enquires that you had normal use of another vehicla and if you got caught using the van when u shouldn't that they (plausibly) didn't know anything about it!

fit a tracker...

personally the first option is the easiest...

remember it didn't happen if its not written down, hence the form they sent you...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

so your not married sats? :unsure:

for those who don't know my ruling 'alf deals with this problem for her firm as the accounts dept manager,

according to her - she has an employee who has opted out of th eprivate use scheme, the co vehicle is parked at his home he works as a computer engineer making client calls for repairs.

both he and his wife ride motorcycles and own a joint car. HMR&C still charge him

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

so your not married sats? :unsure:

for those who don't know my ruling 'alf deals with this problem for her firm as the accounts dept manager,

according to her - she has an employee who has opted out of th eprivate use scheme, the co vehicle is parked at his home he works as a computer engineer making client calls for repairs.

both he and his wife ride motorcycles and own a joint car. HMR&C still charge him

Guest anguscanplay

all depends where his centre of work is, whever its "exclusivly and wholley " for work and his "itenerate " status - you WERE fine lets see what the tax man says next year.

a lot depends on where one ACTUALLY works from - you cannot just claim to work from home, theres a good example in the link I posted about a milkman who tried to claim travel from home to the depot before his "round" started but had it declined

Archived