Security Installer Community

Notifier Compatability Query

Gambo

Morley will only work with the system sensor if they are Notifier they can be problematic.

I have tried a couple of Notifier devices and do work but not tried a full loop so hence my reservations on it

Pete

What I want to do if possible is replace a notifier panel with a dimension, retain existing call points (if they work), retain detector bases and replace existing notifier heads with system sensor protocol or m-ias protocol (which is the system sensor head with m-ias protocol). Will this work?

What I want to do if possible is replace a notifier panel with a dimension, retain existing call points (if they work), retain detector bases and replace existing notifier heads with system sensor protocol or m-ias protocol (which is the system sensor head with m-ias protocol). Will this work?

It should work ok but you need to check call points

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Thanks all, I guess the proof of the pudding ............. . I will post the results if and when we change the system. The client is very keen to change from closed/managed protocol to open. The problem is the short term cost to achieve this compared with the exorbinant fee from an esd just to change the panel.

Therein lise a whole new thread!

Do yourself a favour stick the new panel on the deck , run it up on mains and batts , then extend the loop out of the old panel first and boot it up . Do your testing on this loop , then when you are happy have the old one off the wall.

• 6 months later...

Put in either an ID2000 or ID3000 Still notifier but will still run all the old devices

Regs

FCE

if you have any probs please PM me and ill assist as much as i can

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Do yourself a favour stick the new panel on the deck , run it up on mains and batts , then extend the loop out of the old panel first and boot it up . Do your testing on this loop , then when you are happy have the old one off the wall.

This is what I do when there is doubt.... :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived