Security Installer Community

New Install, What Panel!

DaleR

Just in the process of ordering a 2-20, won a prox RKP on a famous auction site, was branded AD* but i'm assuming it will work ok and the standard prox keys will work ok with it?.

Next I've gotta choose a bell and PIR's

ADT+new+auction= edit

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Dale

Different installers will prefer and recommend the kit they are comfortable with ad have success with etc.

I myself am a galaxy man, and think you should ignore all of em except the Galaxy. As you know it has a built in digi modem, so will text out of the box. It will also do proper digital signalling later if required. It will also allow remote comms via software but you wont i expect be able to get hold of this.

James

Is that why you spoken to Kath then :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

ADT+new+ebay=edit

It was a 2nd hand keypad from what I can only work out from the items description as a decomissioned system, but obviously there is a chance of any (auction) description being a little far from the truth. However I did not buy the main control unit via ebay.

I've ordered the Bell and PIR's today.

I'm going to fit a new alarm system to my new place this week, I just put a ADE/Honeywell G4 Accenta (LCD RKP) in but I took it all back out this evening as it is a bit basic for my needs so fitting it for a relative instead.

The shortlist for the panels so far are.

Texecom Premier 24 with com2400

I would recommend a Texecom Premier 48 opposed to the Premier 24 for the sake of the extra

It was a 2nd hand keypad from what I can only work out from the items description as a decomissioned system, but obviously there is a chance of any (auction) description being a little far from the truth. However I did not buy the main control unit via ebay.

I've ordered the Bell and PIR's today.

If you did order the oddessy 3 and you're handy with a soldering iron, the LEDs are easily replaceable if you're unimpressed with them.

I would recommend a Texecom Premier 48 opposed to the Premier 24 for the sake of the extra

If you did order the oddessy 3 and you're handy with a soldering iron, the LEDs are easily replaceable if you're unimpressed with them.

I went for a pair of Honeywell AG8's in the end mate, all the oddy's I could find with a reasonable delivery cost were the economy versions, plus the AG8 is probably a better size profile for the area's they need to go on my property.

• 3 years later...

Archived