Security Installer Community

New Install, What Panel!

DaleR

I'm going to fit a new alarm system to my new place this week, I just put a ADE/Honeywell G4 Accenta (LCD RKP) in but I took it all back out this evening as it is a bit basic for my needs so fitting it for a relative instead.

The shortlist for the panels so far are.

Texecom Premier 24 with com2400

Castle care-tech euro one

Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 & prox key rkp

Risco/Gardtec 490x

I like the idea of them having a modem, most of the above are can send sms as most of you reading this will probably know, 490x is speech iirc, sms would be the initial preferred method of notification but I can always add a voice dialler at a later date, sms would be really useful as i'm often away from home and would like to know if a zone or fire zone has been activated.

The ability to configure the panel through software or a terminal via the modem or even if i build a serial interface to talk to it via an rs232 line would be nice.

Bell wise I quite like the Texecom Oddessy3, Eurosec XS3D and Risco Novaguard 6. though I have a feeling I wont be happy with the brightness of the LED's on the Oddessy.

PIR's wise, there are so many to choose from these days!

The purpose of this thread is to get a rough opinion on the panels etc, I do hope this doesn't turn into a thread questioning one's competency, this isn't something I do for a living but i've fitted quite a few panels over the years at many properties i've lived at, I currently work as a field service engineer and used to work as a qualified CAT 1/2 alarm, Tracker, RAC trackstar etc installer (Granted it's a different kettle of fish), I am clued up on the different types of wiring used in zone's e.g EOL, Closed, , manufacturers abbreviations and programming the devices.

P.S. I'd preferably like the LCD/Keypad to stay illuminated at all times if any of the above do so or have that as a selectable feature.

Many thanks.

Dale

Dale

Different installers will prefer and recommend the kit they are comfortable with ad have success with etc.

I myself am a galaxy man, and think you should ignore all of em except the Galaxy. As you know it has a built in digi modem, so will text out of the box. It will also do proper digital signalling later if required. It will also allow remote comms via software but you wont i expect be able to get hold of this.

The euro one is too basic, the bigger euros are quite powerful, and the premier 48 up are great (the 24 is alittle basic)

The galaxy will stay illuninated while the power is on.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

The euro is in the list as I feel it's got the nicest looking rkp, but tbh I don't think the build quality of lower end castle products have been that good from what I have seen and doing a quick search on here returns very little in the way of their products.

Galaxy is currently one i'm really swaying to, I know for a fact that a lot of galaxy kit is re-branded by a few national installers which indicates it's good kit.

I'm going to loose the risco 420x off the list I think, although it might be a great panel, the lack of sms and voice only is putting me off a bit.

ps.

(not sure how to say this here, but software wise to communicate with the galaxy i've already got it, if it's the one with a name of a certain yellow metal then yes)

Just in the process of ordering a 2-20, won a prox RKP on a famous auction site, was branded AD* but i'm assuming it will work ok and the standard prox keys will work ok with it?.

Next I've gotta choose a bell and PIR's

Just in the process of ordering a 2-20, won a prox RKP on a famous auction site, was branded AD* but i'm assuming it will work ok and the standard prox keys will work ok with it?.

Next I've gotta choose a bell and PIR's

ADT+new+auction= edit

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Dale

Different installers will prefer and recommend the kit they are comfortable with ad have success with etc.

I myself am a galaxy man, and think you should ignore all of em except the Galaxy. As you know it has a built in digi modem, so will text out of the box. It will also do proper digital signalling later if required. It will also allow remote comms via software but you wont i expect be able to get hold of this.

James

Is that why you spoken to Kath then :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

ADT+new+ebay=edit

It was a 2nd hand keypad from what I can only work out from the items description as a decomissioned system, but obviously there is a chance of any (auction) description being a little far from the truth. However I did not buy the main control unit via ebay.

I've ordered the Bell and PIR's today.

I'm going to fit a new alarm system to my new place this week, I just put a ADE/Honeywell G4 Accenta (LCD RKP) in but I took it all back out this evening as it is a bit basic for my needs so fitting it for a relative instead.

The shortlist for the panels so far are.

Texecom Premier 24 with com2400

I would recommend a Texecom Premier 48 opposed to the Premier 24 for the sake of the extra

It was a 2nd hand keypad from what I can only work out from the items description as a decomissioned system, but obviously there is a chance of any (auction) description being a little far from the truth. However I did not buy the main control unit via ebay.

I've ordered the Bell and PIR's today.

If you did order the oddessy 3 and you're handy with a soldering iron, the LEDs are easily replaceable if you're unimpressed with them.

I would recommend a Texecom Premier 48 opposed to the Premier 24 for the sake of the extra

If you did order the oddessy 3 and you're handy with a soldering iron, the LEDs are easily replaceable if you're unimpressed with them.

I went for a pair of Honeywell AG8's in the end mate, all the oddy's I could find with a reasonable delivery cost were the economy versions, plus the AG8 is probably a better size profile for the area's they need to go on my property.

• 3 years later...

Archived