Security Installer Community

Moderators

Chorlton

Guest Thunderfingers
IMO some moderators are a must as someone needs to quickly clean up slippages like trade prices or libelous comments...

I would agree with this because,as previously highlighted,you can't expect James and Chris to be about 24/7.

However,so far the site has run reasonably well without other moderators and I certainly wouldn't want things like they were with people flexing their virtual muscles.

i would also agree with thunderfingers on part of their statement and say that i am alot happier here the way this is now, and wouldnt like to see it go back to old ways just cause a moderators decides to 'have a go' :boxing:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

TSI seems fine as it is BUT,

If a debate gets out of hand and heated there needs to be a means in place to sort it out-In an ideal world police would be redundant-'utopia'-but we don't live in an ideal world and thus whilst people are still entitled to their own view which might not concur with others views-there is a need I feel for the 'police'-how much their presence is required and enforced is surely dependent on all the other members conducts.

Rich.

hi guys,

blimey, i go away for a week, come back to find you lot discuss if we need moderators?

then i also note gus is away for some of the same time as i was (no we did not get married) - i'm now wondering is this a disguised message :whistle:

joking aside, moderating is a very tricky subject and very difficult to perform without bias, there are so many facets to it. from my short stint it was quickly made obvious you can't please everyone even some of the time.

members who you might regard as mutual friends suddenly behave very differently, e few even seem to become enemies for no obvious reason. while 'in office' i did try to explain why i or other mods did anything either by pm or direct comment, but tbh this just added enormously to the already considerable workload placed on me and other mods.

i'd say the last six months overall have been relatively quiet and very well behaved, with far fewer really serious spats, and thats from someone who is known to like lively and heated debate, the levels of mutual respect for personal opinions (with the noted exception to the humble neon screwdrivers :bruce_h4h: seems is so much higher with less of the 'fish in a barrel shooting' of non trade members posts, something that was often imo shameful in the past

if it stays this way i'd say no other mods are really needed, lets face it most of the more troublesome ones have left or got booted, i think now many more senior members will step in and steer the posts or hit the report button if overly concerned - which is the way adults should behave is it not with self regulation?

those who simply can't behave themselves reasonably are not true pro's or in any way a good advert for the trade - so simply dump them for the benefit of the overall majority - end of.

might seem severe but i'm a bit pi$$ed at the moment as i only got one candle on my birthday cake, thought it was the yorkshire renown tightness. when i pointed out i was 59 i was then told it was to underline there is only one more year - until i get my bus pass.

regs

alan

(so i'll get my coat on the way out then :cold2: )

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:bye::lol:

Only joking

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

might seem severe but i'm a bit pi$$ed at the moment as i only got one candle on my birthday cake, thought it was the yorkshire renown tightness. when i pointed out i was 59 i was then told it was to underline there is only one more year - until i get my bus pass.

regs

alan

Only one candle??...does seem like the renown yorkshire tightness..then again alan a whole lot safer as you didnt want a big fire did you??? :whistle: lol(no offence intended alan)

no offense taken from either of you

(you pair of bar stewards :lol:)

if they had lit all those candles then inverted the cake - it would have saved a few hours in the oven

regs

alan

:P

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

no offense taken from either of you

(you pair of bar stewards :lol:)

if they had lit all those candles then inverted the cake - it would have saved a few hours in the oven

regs

alan

:P

there are some things that are acceptable and some things not! :banned::lol: :lol:

:whistle:

ONLY JOKING ARFUR :lol:

in an ideal world satsuma would be squashed roflmao

oooiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont need squashing :cry:

Archived