Security Installer Community

Optima Xm6

Mara

We have an Optima XM6 alarm. My husband needs to turn off all the electricity in the house, but when he does the burglar alarm sounds. How can he set it so that the alarm doesn't set off?

Many thanks.

We cannot tell you and all the other people including burglars that use the internet how to disable your alarm, but turning the power off should not cause your alarm to activate it has a problem, if you had a normal powercut your alarm would also sound and annoy everyone and potentially get you in trouble with the local noise polution people.

My advise would be to get it serviced.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We cannot tell you and all the other people including burglars that use the internet how to disable your alarm, but turning the power off should not cause your alarm to activate it has a problem..... My advise would be to get it serviced.

James

Hi, James. Thanks for the reply. I had hoped that there was something that allows us to enter our security code and then turn off the alarm, but I understand your concern re burglars!! My husband's managed to isolate the socket he was working on so all is okay now. We "inherited" the alarm when we moved in 8 years ago, so no doubt it does need to be serviced.

Many thanks.

it may well be more cost effective, to have this alarm updated with a more modern one,,, :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived