Security Installer Community

Twisted Pair Or Rg59

w1zard

Doing an install in a domestic house, cable runs max 30 meters. Looking to install covert PIR camera with audio

Is RG59 with seperate cable for audio the best solution, the cat 5 route seems a bit messy with the balun especially trying to hide it behind the PIR

Is there a difference in quality of the transmission

Is it an issue if the DVR is going to be connected to a NACOSS approved alarm

Are these covert camera's with PIR sufficient for the approved alarm

Interested to know your views

Doing an install in a domestic house, cable runs max 30 meters. Looking to install covert PIR camera with audio

Is RG59 with seperate cable for audio the best solution, the cat 5 route seems a bit messy with the balun especially trying to hide it behind the PIR

Is there a difference in quality of the transmission

Is it an issue if the DVR is going to be connected to a NACOSS approved alarm

Are these covert camera's with PIR sufficient for the approved alarm

Interested to know your views

hi,

there is a combined cable which has a screened video and a 4 core flex, this makes for very neat runs but a bit of a pia to terminate at the dvr end.

performance wise short runs no difference really, more affects runs over 200 meters where cat5e method scores higher marks.

your camera's i assume are used for verification of intrussion, so would need to have decent enough images to be able for the user to distinguish between a lamp post and a tree, facial recognition desirable but this can be a thorny issue regarding the width or depth of area covered.

regards

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi,

there is a combined cable which has a screened video and a 4 core flex, this makes for very neat runs but a bit of a pia to terminate at the dvr end.

performance wise short runs no difference really, more affects runs over 200 meters where cat5e method scores higher marks.

your camera's i assume are used for verification of intrussion, so would need to have decent enough images to be able for the user to distinguish between a lamp post and a tree, facial recognition desirable but this can be a thorny issue regarding the width or depth of area covered.

regards

alan

Screened beldon 4 pair for telemntry and rg59 for video every time for me !

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Screened beldon 4 pair for telemntry and rg59 for video every time for me !

yes, but he needs to hide the cables in a domestic

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yes, but he needs to hide the cables in a domestic

regs

alan

If its a really short run, less than about 10 yards, I'd be happy to use intruder cable.

This will horrify a lot of people, but I bet no one could actually see any difference in quality.

Its a lot easier to hide it, PIR cameras usually have screw conections anyway, and if your replacing an existing PIR and theres 8 core already in place it sho do save a lot of time. Just join co-ax to it in the alarm panel, and terminate with a BNC.

Home home on the range..etc.

Guest anguscanplay
If its a really short run, less than about 10 yards, I'd be happy to use intruder cable.

This will horrify a lot of people, but I bet no one could actually see any difference in quality.

Its a lot easier to hide it, PIR cameras usually have screw conections anyway, and if your replacing an existing PIR and theres 8 core already in place it sho do save a lot of time. Just join co-ax to it in the alarm panel, and terminate with a BNC.

Home home on the range..etc.

screened alarm cable - cameras love it

screened alarm cable - cameras love it

No, Ordinary alarm cable, screened cable has a much higher capacitance, be ok for very short runs, but you will lose some of the higher frequencies over any distance. But TBH, with most covert Cameras, it wont matter and very few people would be able to tell the difference.

Anyway, can you get screened 8 core ? I used to use screened 6 core for Prox readers on some systems, but Mayflex dont, or at least didnt stock screened 8 Core.

Guest anguscanplay
Anyway, can you get screened 8 core ? I used to use screened 6 core for Prox readers on some systems, but Mayflex dont, or at least didnt stock screened 8 Core.

you only need a six core anyway, just pair the cores up, dont even bother with coax at the recorder end - SYSTEM Q sell some screw terminal BNC connectors, theres an art to getting the 12v pair back out of the rubber boot but it looks quite trick.

On a domestic i`ve never used anything else

Composite cable is pretty good for domestics. I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. About the same size as an 8 core alarm cable, but with a mini screened coax and 2 pair in the outer. Only thing with this cable is the price.

Alternatively, there is a mini-coax cable (RG179) available that is as thin as an 6 core alarm cable, comes in white, and mini-crimps that fit it correctly. One of these and a 6 core alarm cable for power should help keep things neat.

RG179:- http://cableexport.en.ecplaza.net/12.asp Although the minimum order is 32KM lol, you can find it by the 100mtr reel if you look around.

ACE.gif

Archived