Security Installer Community

Menvier M800

rob6709

Ive been on a couple of installs recently where if i knock the power off to the panel for one reason or another the panel loses its programing. I thought they had NVM chips?

Its a bit of a pain.

Am i not doing something i should be?

• 4 months later...
Ive been on a couple of installs recently where if i knock the power off to the panel for one reason or another the panel loses its programing. I thought they had NVM chips?

Its a bit of a pain.

Am i not doing something i should be?

Rob

Once you have programmed the panel if you do not come out of engineering and downpower the system it will loose everything, believe me i learnt ehe hard way too. I always exit engineers and then go back in and downpower the system then on powering back up all data is held.

I always makes sure that he NVMS have been seated properly too, with all manufacturers products dont care who it is thats my policy now.

Next time try like i said mate you'll find that i keeps evertyhing apart formt eh time and date which it looses fro some reason.

As posted, lots of good features and I did esp like the plug on bb filter which fits on the digi within the panel - nice touch for those inspectorates!

I still think we'll wait. I-on40 out in may (been promised a demo in march) which is a hybrid panel like the homelink 55 - right up our street.

lol, if thats the case what i crappy panel :P

lol, we've fitted a few no probs usually pretty reliable give the menvier installer club a call they're usually pretty helpful

Archived