Security Installer Community

Smoke Sensor

If you are installing a grade 3 system you have to install all grade 3 equipment, but if you install a grade 2 piece of kit on your system the system gets down graded to the lower bit of kit. As far as i believe the gradings work.

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

that is how i thort it was. But where can i get a grade 3 smoke sensor? are they available?

thanks

bob

Risco do a combined smoke. Look up risco group on the net and get your local number or they will deliver it. Hope this is ov help to you.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

If you are installing a grade 3 system you have to install all grade 3 equipment, but if you install a grade 2 piece of kit on your system the system gets down graded to the lower bit of kit. As far as i believe the gradings work.

:hmm:

I agree, but not sure if that is correct when there is no standard for testing or approval of certain kit.... eg...

As I understand it you can fit a speech dialler on a grade 3, as back up to main signalling methods and it wont downgrade the overall system.

Texecom also do a range of reliable smokes.

a smoke detector for the purposes of detecting smoke, ie fire, not an intruder is classed as ancillary equipment, assuming all the usual other regs are complied with, protected area and all that then it dont need to be graded.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived