Security Installer Community

Reccomendations For Installation Equipment

Hope you tested your voltstick by rubbing it on your shirt first Arf. at least the batteries dont fail in a neon, and the larger ones are a great fit in the allen key type screws on the back of some camera housings LOL if you like ! it wotks for me.

i've discovered a man neh! an engineer after my own heart - make's me go all weak at the knee's just knowing i'm not alone anymore :wub:

regs

alan

:lol:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've discovered a man neh! an engineer after my own heart - make's me go all weak at the knee's just knowing i'm not alone anymore :wub:

regs

alan

:lol:

Your never alone with a strand, or should that be a thread !

All these cheeky young whippersnappers will wise up one day. Then they might realise that with age comes wisdom.....

That and a c##p memory, poor eyesight, and the need to stop at almost every motorway services.

Your never alone with a strand, or should that be a thread !

All these cheeky young whippersnappers will wise up one day. Then they might realise that with age comes wisdom.....

That and a c##p memory, poor eyesight, and the need to stop at almost every motorway services.

that age or what happens after repeated shocks?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

that age or what happens after repeated shocks?

Dont forget too that with age comes laziness, I dont like running to the jeep every time we need a screw!! My guy got clamped yesterday, guess who had to pay..!!!

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

... Is there one that will work with IP as well?

By the way, talking about "recommendation for Installation Equipment, Different tools you would reccomend" for IP video I would recommend -

to make a bandwidth calculation before you start.

I was invited to check one IP CCTV system and was shocked - they were using 100 Mbit/s network for 16 cameras with about 10 FPS and Motion JPEG. See calculation bellow:

16networkcameras100mbpsfm8.jpg

And of course it didn't work! No way to transmit 131 Mbps in 100 Mbit network!! :ranting:

So I recommend to use IP Video Design Tool for bandwidth and storage space calculations. It is good for quick lens and FOV calculations as well - see videos

By the way, talking about "recommendation for Installation Equipment, Different tools you would reccomend" for IP video I would recommend -

to make a bandwidth calculation before you start.

I was invited to check one IP CCTV system and was shocked - they were using 100 Mbit/s network for 16 cameras with about 10 FPS and Motion JPEG. See calculation bellow:

16networkcameras100mbpsfm8.jpg

And of course it didn't work! No way to transmit 131 Mbps in 100 Mbit network!! :ranting:

So I recommend to use IP Video Design Tool for bandwidth and storage space calculations. It is good for quick lens and FOV calculations as well - see videos

This i9s where a lot of traditional CCTV guys will stumble. Being a network engineer for years before getting into CCTV has helped be determine even before buying a system whether or not there network was firstly installed correctly, secondly if it was certified and thirdly if it even worth the hassle of going IP. Id often recommend we run a seperate CCTV network and certify it ourselves. At least you know what you fot. Also dont forget the limitations of computer networks. With analogue cameras and network cable you can technically go hundreds of metres. With IP to the it to handle the bandwitdh its 90m of cat5 or cat6 and 5m of patch cable either end. Thats rather difficult in a large building, hence fibre I guess. plus a certificqation device like a fluke will tell you instantly the lenght of the cable and if there is any faults with it.

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Archived