Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+ - Flase Alarms

OMG :no:

wapping big discusion over what a bell tamper can or can't do, yet nobody has looked the real life more common situation.

if the bell tamper switch is not held properly, given the windy weather the tamper operates, now this might be for a very short period so even if the siren sounds itself in such a situation it will stop again as soon as the lid pushes the tamper switch back again.

roll of events -:

siren tamper ok = silence

siren tamper operated = internals and possibly externals

siren tamper re-closes = internal siren continues and depending on the panel programming - the external ceases.

the fact the internal definitely sounded means the o/p did likely not hear the external siren, and if intermittent then likely it stopped before he canceled the tamper alert, silencing the internal siren at that point.

as an aside i thought the 9448 showed bF on the keypad (just as the 9800 genre), but imo such a hateful little panal i've never used them by choice.

after all of that - my moneys on a lose detector lid dislodged after decorating :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anguscanplay
as an aside i thought the 9448 showed bF on the keypad (just as the 9800 genre)

regs

alan

panel doesn`t have a display as such - just LED`s

Guest anguscanplay
i said it was nasty lol!

regs

alan

not nasty, just of its time really but virtually bomb proof in it`s favour

Thanks for all the feedback...it's been most useful. I replaced the battery yesterday (Sunday) and so far so good (touch wood!)...the alarm has not been activated.

One comment about the external sounder...I thought our system was set up so that the internal alarm sounded first upon activation (for about 30 secs) before the external alarm sounded. I have always managed to turn off the internal alarm within the 30 secs so maybe that is why the external alarm did not activate.

Thanks again.

Guest anguscanplay
One comment about the external sounder...I thought our system was set up so that the internal alarm sounded first upon activation (for about 30 secs) before the external alarm sounded. I have always managed to turn off the internal alarm within the 30 secs so maybe that is why the external alarm did not activate.

Thanks again.

thats a totaly different thing but fingers crossed for your battery cure LOL

Angus

thats a totaly different thing but fingers crossed for your battery cure LOL

Angus

I agree, this is unrelated, the internal should only activate before the external when you trigger the alarm via a final exit door. An alarm generated by a tamper should activate internal and external at the same time when the system is set.

Hope the new battery cures it and a new battery certainly wont do any harm!

Archived