Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+ - Flase Alarms

Guest anguscanplay
Still putting my quid on ext sounder, but will bow to everyone else's expert knowledge of the 9448 :rolleyes:

bell tamper would trigger the outside sounder too - 3.00 am? classic battery time

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question. When it activates can you reset it straight away by entering your code again? If so I'd deffo say battery, if not then I would also go for bell (it may not ring Angus because its own battery is shagged)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay
One question. When it activates can you reset it straight away by entering your code again? If so I'd deffo say battery, if not then I would also go for bell (it may not ring Angus because its own battery is shagged)

bell tamper ring is generated from the control unit nothing to do with its own battery is it?

this is turning into an ABC fault finding course - LOL

Post #1 > .... experienced instances where the alarm activates without it even being set.

Post #4 > .... It is only the internal alarms which sounds and the speech dialler doesn't dial out. When we turn off the alarm after it sounds the tamper light displays red until we reset it.

Not set, so SD1 and external sounder will not operate (unless the external sounder is the problem)

You will have to test all anti tamper returns at the control panel, one of them will point to the problem

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

bell tamper ring is generated from the control unit nothing to do with its own battery is it?

this is turning into an ABC fault finding course - LOL

Not on a 9448, internals only on tamper alarm, unless set.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay
Post #1 > .... experienced instances where the alarm activates without it even being set.

Post #4 > .... It is only the internal alarms which sounds and the speech dialler doesn't dial out. When we turn off the alarm after it sounds the tamper light displays red until we reset it.

Not set, so SD1 and external sounder will not operate (unless the external sounder is the problem)

You will have to test all anti tamper returns at the control panel, one of them will point to the problem or its the battery like in 80% plus of these cases

go with the obvious - its usually the right choice

Yes I can - entering the code resets it stratight away. Thanks.

OK, it's been advised several times thus far but have you replaced the battey yet ???

C.

:blink:

Just my two penneth worth but I doubt that it is the battery.

My money is on a tamper circuit or sas return but as always very difficult to diagnose remotely, especially with a 9448!

It needs a man/woman with a meter to narrow it down properly.

Guest anguscanplay
Just my two penneth worth but I doubt that it is the battery.

why? what do your FA stats say is most comman then, though agreed it needs a meter on site

Archived