Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+ - Flase Alarms

Hi,

I have a Scantronic 9448+ Alarm with an SD1 speech dialler. Over the last few weeks I have experienced instances where the alarm activates without it even being set. This happened again last night at 3am! Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help.

back up battery, is one good possibility..when was it last changed?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hi,

I have a Scantronic 9448+ Alarm with an SD1 speech dialler. Over the last few weeks I have experienced instances where the alarm activates without it even being set. This happened again last night at 3am! Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help.

To be honest the problem you describe could be caused by literally any individual part of the system.

Might be able to narrow it down a bit if you can give a little more info.

When the alarm activates (when unset) does the SD1 dial out? Does the external sounder operate or is it just the internal?

When you silence it what lights are illuminated on the panel?

As already suggested it could be the battery and it would be worth replacing the battery anyway if it is more than 3 years old.

Many thanks for the responses.

I'm not exactly sure when the back-up battery was replaced but think it could have been about two years ago.

It is only the internal alarms which sounds and the speech dialler doesn't dial out. When we turn off the alarm after it sounds the tamper light displays red until we reset it.

We'll replace the back-up battery but any other thoughts you have are really appreciated.

Thanks again.

Could be.................battery,keypad,bell,panel lid,any of the detectors, any of the wiring, panel.

Most likely.........battery.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Could be.................battery,keypad,bell,panel lid,any of the detectors, any of the wiring, panel.

Most likely.........battery.

External Sounder :cold2:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest anguscanplay
External Sounder :cold2:

think about it .............. external sounder not sounding ........ battery, cable or device IMO

think about it .............. external sounder not sounding ........ battery, cable or device IMO
I have experienced instances where the alarm activates without it even being set. This happened again last night at 3am!
It is only the internal alarms which sounds and the speech dialler doesn't dial out. When we turn off the alarm after it sounds the tamper light displays red until we reset it.

Still putting my quid on ext sounder, but will bow to everyone else's expert knowledge of the 9448 :rolleyes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Best thing to do is eliminate what it aint.

Change battery, see how goes.

In the control panel take the wires out of the a/t terminals (rhs near +ve & -ve terminals & label the wires) and put a wire link in their place. If you still got problems (panel says tamper) then...

put the wires back in A/t as they were, and take the wire out of the TR (bottom connectors near bell etc. label the wire) and put a link between TR & 0v (next to TR terminal) see how goes. If you still got problems

Assuming you got 9427 keypad, put wire back in TR as before and remove link, now disconnect all the wires (in the panel) to the keypad (+ve, -ve. data & clock) and use on board keypad if poss, otherwise just leave system in day mode to see if you get tamper come up again.

These 4 things will prove where to START looking.

If battery, straight forward change.

Any of the others, suggest call an engineer.

Hope this helps

Archived