Security Installer Community

"warning-alarm Set When Illuminated-do Not Enter"

this most likely will not fully comply, but where i have say an office block with several tenants onto a single alarm all having staff working to various unpredictable hours, i have installed a board inside a simple locked key cupboard with in/out sliders, as the last person from a section leaves they check the board and flick their slider, if theirs is the last one then they set the system.

relies on people doing this but has worked fine on several systems over the years. two has a voice dialer which calls if the system is not set by a certain time or opened before a certain time.

to do as you ask using access control to combine with the intruder isolating area's, would need more info, but what you ask is not that difficult imo, just needs a bit of thought to trap out any user errors.

in simple format you have a maglock on a door swiping your card allows entry, at the same time shunts or switches of that alarm area which might be several zones, closing and swiping re-arms it so would perhaps be an exit terminator type arrangement you need to concider how to warn if the area don't set for a fault, and have some way to refer to which detector or contact is causing a problem.

possibly where the Gardtec prosys type panel would score very heavily imo

regs

alan

Thanks Alan, the slider idea may be useful or maybe some kind of indicator panel in a locked enclosure to show which individual areas have already been set, like you say probably doesn't fully comply but I think it's a case of striking a balance between compliance and ease of operation on this particular installation.

If you have a galaxy just use max readers for the access and then let only trianed people add users, that way it wont let people without set unset rights open the door, and if the do have set unset it will unset, so no false alarms.

The new galaxy is even better as it has full access control in it.

James

Unfortunately can't use max readers as the access control system has been specced by the client and is a different manufacturer in keeping with the rest of their sites (system is also remotely managed). This means messing about integrating two manufacturers systems, integration using Winpac would have been a lot more straight forward.

Like the new dimension panel but shame the touch screen keypad can't currently have a prox on it..pretty useless??

We,ve got a similar site. We use outputs from the alarm system to overide the reader.

i.e. When a user sets an area the output fires and disables that reader, it's worked fine for the last 5 years.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest anguscanplay
You cant do that, as it wouldnt comply. You cannot show to level users (people without any codes etc) any system status, that includes set status.

but you could always have an indicator panel that shows if the lights/ heating or air conditioning is "active" in that room .......... think about it !!

Guest anguscanplay
No you cant, you just might get away with it. Regs say you cant.

if it happens that the action of say "unlocking a door "unsets the alarm and switches the lights on or adjusts the heating to that area I cant see how they can possibly object to the other function been indicated somewhere ..................

Angus (been "getting away with it..." for years - LOL )

I know you have.

But it still against reg to show set status to level 1 users, you may be able to hide it, but its still against reg. You could always have your indicator panel and a tag reader, and once you present your tag or enter your code the indicator panel could be live for say 15 seconds, and show status. This would allow level 2 users and above to see status AND still comply without hiding things.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived