Security Installer Community

Pc Anti Virus Software

arfur mo

Guest RJBsec
Everyone is perfectly entitled to give their view.

Just because it's not the same as yours may be does not make it bad.

I too use AVG free with daily update , adawares se and spybot and have had no problems on the laprtop I'm using since bought in 2006 not my main PC since it was bought in 2005.

Now it may be down to luck or the fact i don't visit dodge sites I don't know but it works for me so I'd happily advise it to others.

cheers

C.

I'm not against everyone having their own point of view but that doesn't make their advice good.

To suggest that it is okay not to use any A/V is bad advice, in fact I would say that it is worse than bad advice it is irresponsible because it carries with it the risk of passing viruses etc onto others you communicate with.

Many people are totally unaware of the viruses infecting their computers or of the risk of other computers using their's to infect other computers, keylog and worse.

You may not agree but it's still bad advice and I stand by that, without wishing anyone to take personal offence, its not 'personal'. its important to the whole Internet experience for everyone.

Guest RJBsec
What your saying is it's good or bad in your opinion.

No, it's not my opinion, it's fact - advising people not to use an anti-virus is bad advice.

But again it's not personal, use an a/v or don't use an a/v but if a virus wipes your bios and renders your pc useless or hijacks your pc and uses it for its own purposes or starts logging all of your keystrokes you'll eventually regret not making efforts to stop it - problem is it may not only be you that it affects.

(Generic 'you', not personal 'you').

See my POV differs regards advice.

I think the responsiblity lies with those who take said advice to satisfy themselves it's correct.

C.

As above.

Good, bad, right or wrong is no matter, it's how we discuss each others that does.

I was merely trying (badly) to point out noboby needs flamed for giving theirs.

e.g.

That's possibly not the best advice to properly protect your PC or suitable for commercial use where any lost data may be more critical.

v

Thats really bad advice.

Ya get me?

Guest RJBsec
As above.

Good, bad, right or wrong is no matter, it's how we discuss each others that does.

I was merely trying (badly) to point out noboby needs flamed for giving theirs.

e.g.

That's possibly not the best advice to properly protect your PC or suitable for commercial use where any lost data may be more critical.

v

Thats really bad advice.

Ya get me?

"Flamed"? I could find dozens of threads where members have been "flamed" but I don't see that in any of my comments in this thread - I think we're in danger of getting a bit too PC here if you'll excuse the pun!

any betting men in?

running a trial version of sophos on a machine here at "happy towers" which had it AVG briefly but has had no anti virus on it in 6+ months

so reckon it will be clean or very nasty indeed?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

No, it's not my opinion, it's fact - advising people not to use an anti-virus is bad advice.

I'm affraid that somehow, you have misinterpreted my post. I didn't advise people not to use anti-virus software. So no idea why you came to the conclusion that I had done so. If you read it again, I did mention that if you are vigilant with your browsing and attatchment opening, you could ALMOST get away without one.

Unless you were stating of course that it's bad advice to run Norton whilst your PC is in safe mode. But I did point out that I wasn't sure about that but id did sound as though it made sense.

So I'm irresponsible yes?

ACE.gif

Archived