Security Installer Community

Mains Powered Smokes Or On Intruder Alarm?

daiashthomas

• 2 years later...

I'd fit smokes/heats to the alarm via a dialler personally.

I fitted both in my own house, 240volt ones are too sensitive and sometimes trigger when making din din.

Never have had a false alarm off alarm smokes/heats, they

also give u peace of mind if your away from home.

Your fa's would have come from ionisation smokes, if opticals were fitted, doubt you would of had a problem.

Bet your intruder smokes are optical.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Your fa's would have come from ionisation smokes, if opticals were fitted, doubt you would of had a problem.

Bet your intruder smokes are optical.

You might want to check the dates on this thread adi. B))

Ah,but Adi was responding to another post.

I was just about to say that but less polite :) lol

Anyway, i was going to ask a similar question to this thread.

Just bought a house, i hate the look of interlinks (unless someone knows of a small smart one), there are no smokes fitted yet but was going to fit texecom ones to all rooms, fed from its own psu.

Was thinking of wiring internal speaker with fp.

All other circuits are tampered, panel protected by a smoke, so thought this would be safe as it can get.

I agree interlinks could be the safest option but look shi te.

Piss off, i'm not putting that shi te in me house. :)

I was only putting in a 4 metre run just for the speaker.

I am thinking about some sort of fire panel, but the panel would outway the detector savings, i think tex smokes are to dear, i can get apollo's at around half the cost.

as for 1 and 6, smokes on intruder comply, C grade, so long as standby is 72hrs

Got 4 Texecom smokes to main panel myself, 3 internal sounders , panel activates all lights in the house if smoke is detected. I feel safe enough TBH.

On the same but different note, local to myself a guy managed to escape from his burning house a while back when the intruder alarm woke him. No smoke detectors in the house and the alarm was not set. The fire in the kitchen melted the PIR causing a tamper. Lucky.

ive put smoke alarms connected to our intruder panel via a dialler setup on fire trigger, confirmed trigger, intruder trigger, and power fail trigger, i feel happier knowing that the alarm system will ring me when im away from the property and alert me, or when at home i can hear a diffferent sounder activate to tell me if its a burglar alarm side or the fire detection side. i personally think its a better way imho

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

ive put smoke alarms connected to our intruder panel via a dialler setup on fire trigger, confirmed trigger, intruder trigger, and power fail trigger, i feel happier knowing that the alarm system will ring me when im away from the property and alert me, or when at home i can hear a diffferent sounder activate to tell me if its a burglar alarm side or the fire detection side. i personally think its a better way imho

What happens if it calls when you're not within 10 minutes away? The brigade are unlikely to respond. Just curious btw, I have a mate who has the same ethics up on his intruder only system and he's been called while in pub and had to phone round to get people!!

What happens if it calls when you're not within 10 minutes away? The brigade are unlikely to respond. Just curious btw, I have a mate who has the same ethics up on his intruder only system and he's been called while in pub and had to phone round to get people!!

on "homes from hell" (or other tv tripe) there was a spacker with build house in the sticks which looked like "the house screw fix had built", whilst he was aboard the speed / text dailer tat was belling him. the fridge had burnt the house down to the extent that farmer giles next door got there to find the flaming roof falling into the swimming pool, surpirse, surpirse the owner of the house was uninsured & left with unstable shell if the house which was "proper f~cked"

Penny wise & pound foolish is nicest thing I could say on the matter

Mr? Veritas God

I saw that and lolled

I also watch "grand design" which is wall to wall spackers

My fav is the F~ckktard who was putting steel work in an old mill having a proper hissy fit about the Red Oxide on the steels being marked, its a couple of tons of it which has being on a wagon using a crane/ hiab. What planet as they people on?

Mr? Veritas God

Archived