Security Installer Community

Door Entry

Pac have used the key symbol for years, but Videx use it on VR readers, as do Bell, which I think is actually Paxton. cant remember what colour the symbol is on them all though.

Doesnt really help much to ID the Door Entry kit though, lots of systems are available with a choice of Access Control these days. so if it is Pac, and I agree that its favorite, then the D/E kit could be almost anything. but if its Bell, or Videx, It'll almost certainly be their front panel as well.

Hi , Yep it is a PAC Reader, and if you are only wanting to add extra fobs then it doesn't really matter what the rest of the system is,

Programming extra fobs is done at the controller , not the reader, so locate this , it's only a small system so i suspect it will be a "Pac easykey 99"

This as its name suggests holds 99 fobs including 1 master and 2 editor keys, This controller feeds 12vdc to the reader.

It could be a Pac 1000 as well (but highly unlikely) or even a 2100/2200 ( even more unlikely) these controllers use 18vdc.

Any way to add extra fobs on the easy key 99 you need the master or one of the editors, simply present this to the controller, and the display will light up in green with the next available key number, then present the fob to be programmed,

If you cant get the master or editor keys , you can create a new master , idont want to post how to do this on the public forum , but if you message me i will let you know :)

I fitted a unit very similar to this a few years ago, it was made by BC technology's. I cant remember that much about the the kit but it did have a master controller and several slaves. This was for over 140 flats. The Pac reader was fed from a Pac 1000 controller.

Paul.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived