Security Installer Community

Risco Prosys

avcctv

I am installing a Prosys next week, a mix of wrd and wls. Haven't met up with Risco for training yet, but if anyone on here has experience with the system and knows of any little glitches I would appreciate any feedback.

Ta

The older I get, the faster I was.

I am just finishing up an Prosys 40 Install. AGM, GSM, Voice mod, Zexp wired and wireless to boot. Mixed feeling at the moment as I have had a few problems!!!! Not Riscos fault but possibley the delivery firm. Great system, loads of potential though. Good luck with yours

a few things that might just catch you out

1) the bell drive is changed by a link on the pcb - defaulted + drive (not a programming step).

2) usually if all the zones are clear the green light shows on the keypad, any zone active it go's out and thats in 'day' mode. did wonder if that complies, as i think system status being viewed in this way may contravene.

3) after activation you can set the system again (assuming bells only) but this won't clear the fault signal on the rkp, to do this you need to go in and acknowledge the fault/s (ask the rep)

hope it helps, the 1st (and only) one at home, still debating if i like it as a general purpose panel, but has potential for more sophisticated integration requirements even if the rkp is an ugly sob imo..

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

a few things that might just catch you out

1) the bell drive is changed by a link on the pcb - defaulted + drive (not a programming step).

2) usually if all the zones are clear the green light shows on the keypad, any zone active it go's out and thats in 'day' mode. did wonder if that complies, as i think system status being viewed in this way may contravene.

3) after activation you can set the system again (assuming bells only) but this won't clear the fault signal on the rkp, to do this you need to go in and acknowledge the fault/s (ask the rep)

hope it helps, the 1st (and only) one at home, still debating if i like it as a general purpose panel, but has potential for more sophisticated integration requirements even if the rkp is an ugly sob imo..

regs

alan

thats one of the bits i don't like tbh, same as the wisdom. Is version 7 out yet? as thats what i have been waiting for before i will use one, i'll ask next time i'm in.

thats one of the bits i don't like tbh, same as the wisdom. Is version 7 out yet? as thats what i have been waiting for before i will use one, i'll ask next time i'm in.

ditto aE - i'm also waiting for V7 which was prommised after last new year - huh!

don't want to fit dozens then go back to swap out the version and reprogram

regs

alan

id say that 2 doesnt comply as its showing info and set status to a level one user, but id assume its an option that can be disabled? Dont know never fitted one cos ive yet to find a hallway big enough and 70's styled for the keypad to fit in.

Also 3 is annoying, just like the wisdom. YOu need to acknolodge faults under en granted.... but in an easier way. Also those macros are cool assuming they are on the prosys, but you should be able to edit them via udl.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

id say that 2 doesnt comply as its showing info and set status to a level one user, but id assume its an option that can be disabled? Dont know never fitted one cos ive yet to find a hallway big enough and 70's styled for the keypad to fit in.

Also 3 is annoying, just like the wisdom. YOu need to acknolodge faults under en granted.... but in an easier way. Also those macros are cool assuming they are on the prosys, but you should be able to edit them via udl.

ya see James,

told you i know more about the regs than given credit for :)

the rkp does look like a VR version for a texecom, the actual legend is good though compared to the normal gardtec displays and i think helps the visually impaired.

not sure if this can be overcome as need to look at the manual, but when not set display shows time and date along with the system name label', when set shows partition name no time and date so you could deduce the system is at least part armed

maybe they have used the old BS regs which required the keypad should not be viewed from outside the protection zone i.e through a window of a shop for instance. i think the level of user allowed to view status came in with EN but the software writers who i think might be american, have not grasped this or its a result of the 'hash over' from the US market - i say tha tjust on the terminology thats used (or overused more like).

i'd bet (well hope) V7 will address all these issues

regs

alan

id say its programming options arf, i doubt risco would self cert a panel as complaint for en if it wasnt.

and if it isnt then they will need to be changed by the installer / upgraded

and you dont do you really, you picked that tit bit up here didnt you? c'mon now you can tell me..

lol ;)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

and you dont do you really, you picked that tit bit up here didnt you? c'mon now you can tell me..

lol ;)

pmsl,

no, honest i really i did know that reg - but keep it to yourself please James

regs

alan

(it's the ONLY one i know :lol:)

Archived