Security Installer Community

Internet Since Sunday

satsuma01

Demon for Donkeys years, not as good since the sellout a few years ago but still an excellent provider.

I have one of the older unlimited accounts, good for multigig downloads...... :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

me.

been 100% 24/7 since I moved in 3 yr ago.

2meg 14.99 pm

free home hub/wif-fi

:)

ok thanks chorlton, do you have a static ip address? or a dynamic ip, and is it business internet or domestic

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I also had problems with Orange this week,could sometimes get on msn, but webpages wouldn't load. Seems to be sorted now though. I am not with Orange through choice though. Had BT for 2 years in the past and never a problem.

Right the latest update about the internet... i have replaced the safecom router with a net gear router and everything is back to normal, so the internet connection to the house seems as though it was OUR router that was casing us all those problems.

:oops:

and theres me blaming it ALL on orange when it wasnt toally their fault. well not all of it anyway, TBF the servers did go down as they told me that on the wednesaday but it looks like our router also failed thus casuing us all the problems, anyways 1 brand spanking new router setup and working this morning, and all is pleasent in the household again :P

**The moral to this story is check the router BEFORE threatening to take your provider to court !!**

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Right the latest update about the internet... i have replaced the safecom router with a net gear router and everything is back to normal, so the internet connection to the house seems as though it was OUR router that was casing us all those problems.

:oops:

and theres me blaming it ALL on orange when it wasnt toally their fault. well not all of it anyway, TBF the servers did go down as they told me that on the wednesaday but it looks like our router also failed thus casuing us all the problems, anyways 1 brand spanking new router setup and working this morning, and all is pleasent in the household again :P

**The moral to this story is check the router BEFORE threatening to take your provider to court !!**

Or use decent kit in first place??

Or use decent kit in first place??

to be fair for the last 4 and half years the router gave us no jip, i then changed it when it died to a different older model and thats where the trouble really started.

Archived