Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9200 Remove

GaryPod

Guest anguscanplay
... any ideas roughly how much it'd cost to get someone to fit new battery etc? Cash is tight due to house move!

about the same as the cheapy wireless would cost if I did it, but you`ll still have the better system rather than a cheap one

Is it? Fair point - I have no idea!

In two minds as what to do but need to do something...

Either get someone round to take out 9200 then replace with a cheapy wireless by myself or get someone round to try and find fault with 9200... any ideas roughly how much it'd cost to get someone to fit new battery etc? Cash is tight due to house move!

roughly,

Ok thanks guys,

BTW am loving the Chorlton avatar!

i think he was 'surprised' (pleasantly i'd hope) while standing at the sink :lol:

if you replace your existing 9200 panel the fault may not actualy be with it, like i say 1st suspect is always the battery. if you concider this is only a 2 zone panel upgrading to a later unit will allow more detection and/or splitting up that you already have, also better programming would be available.

i suggest a good 'half way' for you is to have a Gardtec G490 panel installed as direct replacement, then should problems occur you will know where to look. if you subsequently require radio them the G490 can be fitted with a receiver and radio detection so you have the best of both worlds with an onboard voice dialer thrown in, so your not wasting any money on capital outlay.

imo and that of many others in here is Gartec Radio gear is amongst the best (if not the very best) kit available.

post your district, i'm sure a local installer will contact you, but as advised get guestimate before engaging anyone - membership of this forum is sort after but is not akin to a membership to heaven, hopefully selecting from the membership should be less risky than using a pin in yellow pages.

Regs

Alan

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

post your district, i'm sure a local installer will contact you, but as advised get guestimate before engaging anyone - membership of this forum is sort after but is not akin to a membership to heaven, hopefully selecting from the membership should be less risky than using a pin in yellow pages.

Am 3miles from Nottingham center so will go have a look on the installers list section... cheers

Hi all, back again. Sorry to go on... just a thought.

I did a bell test on the system and it didn't go off, the internal alarm / sounder / buzzer (whatever it's called!) on the control went off but not the external bell. Does this mean I can probably cut / disconnect the wires to the external bell box without it going off?

I realise you guys can't give out disabling info etc, am hoping it's ok to ask this! I've been quoted

Archived