Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9200 Remove

GaryPod

Hi all,

First post so please be nice!

I've recently moved into a house which has a Scantronic 9200 installed. Previous owner told us it went off randomly and it does. I have the user and engineer codes and want to uninstall it and possibly replace with a cheapy wireless kit.

I've looked through the instruction manuals for the system (left by previous home owner) but can't see how to remove the Scantronic 9200. I guess merely removing / cutting power from control panel and ringer box will set the alarm off? Don't want that!

I'd be really greatful for any advice anyone has.

cheers

Hi all,

I've recently moved into a house which has a Scantronic 9200 installed. Previous owner told us it went off randomly and it does. I have the user and engineer codes and want to uninstall it and possibly replace with a cheapy wireless kit.

I've looked through the instruction manuals for the system (left by previous home owner) but can't see how to remove the Scantronic 9200. I guess merely removing / cutting power from control panel and ringer box will set the alarm off? Don't want that!

cheers

We really can't advise you how to remove an alarm system on a public forum can we???

Think about it....

B)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yep, I work in IT security and can see what a bad idea that would be.... wasn't sure whether having the engineer code etc would prevent that ifno being of major use though.

Thanks anyway.... i've looked on yell.com for intruder alarm firms but they all just seem to fit them.... i guess they'd uninstall as well?

ps thanks for the quick replies.

Yep, work in IT security and can see what a bad idea that would be.... wasn't sure whether having the engineer code etc would prevent that ifno being of major use though.

Thanks anyway.... i've looked on yell.com for intruder alarm firms but they all just seem to fit them.... i guess they'd uninstall as well?

Use this site to find an installer/uninstaller!

Just ask, someone will do for a small fee.... :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hi all,

cheers

while the 9200 is not one i use, it is not rated by most pro's as a bad panel,

chances are all that is wrong is the battery is duff (most lilkely if over 3 years old) or you have a simple tamper fault especially as activations occur when the is not set, and should be easy enough to fix by almost any competent engineer.

so invest a little money and call a pro engineer in, to possibly save a lot more than you may spend on a new system.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest RJBsec

Rather than pull it all out and fit wireless, why not use the existing cabling and fit a new hard-wired system?

Guest RJBsec
To be honest I was thinking wireless would be easier to fit esp if it's dodgy / old cabling that's randomly setting off the current alarm.

If it's the cabling yes but is it?

Is it? Fair point - I have no idea!

In two minds as what to do but need to do something...

Either get someone round to take out 9200 then replace with a cheapy wireless by myself or get someone round to try and find fault with 9200... any ideas roughly how much it'd cost to get someone to fit new battery etc? Cash is tight due to house move!

Archived