Security Installer Community

Police Response

..................... In reality the police would indeed prefer to respond to a confirmed intruder from a certified install and compliant monitoring centre.

.........at 2:15 in the morning to a report (with a running commentary) of cars being broken into.

The person on the phone was inside their house watching and could hear the police siren a good 4mins before they arrived, and where was the chap 'doing' the cars, that's right, long gone.

"In reality the police would indeed prefer to respond to a confirmed intruder from a certified install and compliant monitoring centre" ....... with their sirens sounding

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

You could also call them and say you had left a bomb in a bin outside MacDonalds. Shall we ignore such calls too because they are also open to abuse ?

If they were all genuine id agree, but if 98% were false id assume the police would impliment some rules to lower this figure.

I agree that every taxpayer deserves a police response, but i feel the system is too open to abuse. Unfortunatly there are rules, your ip system has to follow certain rules, they may restrict you from what you would ideally like your system but either way you operate within those rules. Its the same with everything, there are rules and these must be followed. Maybe you would have an argument for Grade 1's to be allowed to have a police response with their lower servicing costs i dont know.

You have also got to think about the litigation side of this 'common sense' approach.

Who do i sue when my diy alarm/cctv records images of burglar bill smashing his way into my house and no police are informed?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I agree that every taxpayer deserves a police response, but i feel the system is too open to abuse. Unfortunatly there are rules, your ip system has to follow certain rules, they may restrict you from what you would ideally like your system but either way you operate within those rules. Its the same with everything, there are rules and these must be followed.

Hey - Thanks for the debate. Some good answers.

I don't for one minute think I can change anything and I certainly don't have the time to try. Let's see how it goes ;-)

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

There used to be a system called a 'Police List' where anyone could get a urn.... This system was scrapped by the police because it didnt work. Going back to it wouldnt work either.

you got a trade back ground?

"anyone" could a police URN by applying to each force which they wanted URN's from & the police own alarm technician would go with you & inspect a no. of systems installed & your premsies & documentation

don't forget ABC :whistle:

APCO gave us a "unified" police policy & 3rd party inspection

What I am saying is that homeowners have the right to a police response.

I agree providing they comply with the requirements of a type A system :rolleyes:

Why does every topic you post in turn into a QVC type presentation for police turn out w/o having a proper cctv / intruder / pa urn?

BTW fire urn are coming soon(ish) you going to preach agaist them as well?

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

I didnt read it as that billy and yes i do have a trade background.

I think that there will be an explosion of diy installed systems sold on the belief that if i call the police they will attend. Unfortunatly the single mum with 3 adorable children wont find out that the police arnt going till it happens as she needs em.

I can also see Virtuals POV that in theory if everyone played by the rules of this no rule system (bear with me lol) then it should be fine. Unfortunatly as the post says, in the real world, ir doesnt happen like that and I dont think it will work. But there will be thousands installed mind

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Here's some food for thought,i beleive that in the not so distant future there will be "company" supported patrols for you average JOE'S house and police response will be limited to high profile sites like banks etc,etc.. If you look at new private estates a lot of security company's are connecting to a 24hr manned security office as opposed to the police,each year A.C.P.O introduce new policies to "CUT-DOWN" on wasted police time.A lot to take in but i wonder what you guy's think?? :rolleyes:

I went to a garden centre last week to do a quote for graded equipment due to them losing their police response.

Asking why so many false PA activatrions the answer i received was "the new girl on the tills thought that the panic button was for to press to get change....lol!"

Looking through their training manual she was told about the alarm system so there is no excuse but like mot she does not know what consequences that happen.

Had a wee chuckle to myself when i was told this though and new system getting installed next week...all DT's etc.

!

Guest anguscanplay
What I am saying is that homeowners have the right to a police response. Neither you, me, the security industry or even the police have the authority to dictate what equipment, if any, can be used as an aid to achieve this.

just ran this past my youngest - his words "well if the police cannot decide it who are the govt. going to ask to instead..they are the law......" he`s seven btw

I'm talking about the real world here - no your talking about a virtual world you create
I was on that list 20 years ago.

It was scrapped because we wanted to turn the party into a private one and stop undesirables from gaining entry - and you`ve been sulking ever since?.

Hey - Thanks for the debate. Some good answers.

I don't for one minute think I can change anything and I certainly don't have the time to try. Let's see how it goes ;-) IMO the only sensible thing I`ve seen you post - ever

anyway its back to QVC now for a bit of window shopping with Mrs A.

Here's some food for thought,i beleive that in the not so distant future there will be "company" supported patrols for you average JOE'S house and police response will be limited to high profile sites like banks etc,etc.. If you look at new private estates a lot of security company's are connecting to a 24hr manned security office as opposed to the police,each year A.C.P.O introduce new policies to "CUT-DOWN" on wasted police time.A lot to take in but i wonder what you guy's think?? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, we have been saying exactly the same thing for 20+ years now and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

I think its basically down to the price that keyholding and response companies are charging.

Guest anguscanplay
Unfortunately, we have been saying exactly the same thing for 20+ years now and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

I think its basically down to the price that keyholding and response companies are charging.

there you go then add "virtual keyholders.........." to your stable

shame he`s got me on ignore really LOL

Guys,

Ignore the two forum clowns - they follow me wherever I post. Angus will be throwing his weight around for a while now that he is "Vetting Staff" - but he'll get over it.

Your little seven year old must be so proud of you Angus - well done. Vetting Staff eh? Wow! Bet he can't wait to tell his mates at school.

shame he`s got me on ignore really

Can't say as I blame him, your like a man on a relentless quest.

btw: whats with all these massive spaces between lines.? Is it contagious.?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Will the new management stop attacks like these?

VM just stick around and use the ignore button, they are just not worth getting upset about.

again this is in public, if you want to ask stuff of the "new managment" please use the PM facility.

thanks,

C.

Archived