Security Installer Community

Texecom Prestige Dt Pir?

I've just bought a Prestige DT with anti-masking to fit in a newly built garage, upon fitting I've realised that it uses Triple End Of Line technology. My panel is an Intellisense 800L (was already installed when we moved in). Does anyone know if these to items will work together or am I 'p***ing in the wind' a little?

If not can you suggest a decent DT PIR which will work with the existing panel?

cheers

I've just bought a Prestige DT with anti-masking to fit in a newly built garage, upon fitting I've realised that it uses Triple End Of Line technology. My panel is an Intellisense 800L (was already installed when we moved in). Does anyone know if these to items will work together or am I 'p***ing in the wind' a little?

If not can you suggest a decent DT PIR which will work with the existing panel?

cheers

Try a pyronix kx15dt or a bosch ds825, both detectors are decent and you can adjust the microwave level so if you get one make sure you set it up properly

Hi, Looking at the wiring it would seem according to Texecom that you can set the resistor values on the PCB-but after downloading the install sheet it doesn't make it clear!-in the past all I have done is just shorted the mask contacts or just go between alarm and tamper-which don't exist as such on this detector-I would call technical and ask the question to be sure one way or the other.

You can use any DT that doesn't use TOL-ie uses alarm and tamper only (or has a seperate fault/mask contact that can be shorted or just not used)

Regards.

Richard.

Hi, Looking at the wiring it would seem according to Texecom that you can set the resistor values on the PCB-but after downloading the install sheet it doesn't make it clear!-in the past all I have done is just shorted the mask contacts or just go between alarm and tamper-which don't exist as such on this detector-I would call technical and ask the question to be sure one way or the other.

You can use any DT that doesn't use TOL-ie uses alarm and tamper only (or has a seperate fault/mask contact that can be shorted or just not used)

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks for your help guys - my fault for buying the sensor without fully understanding it's design. I'll try Texecom Tech and if no luck will get a different sensor.

Thanks muchly.

lol, its only an alarm strikes again? G3 kit shorts the men from the boyes, :P

the mistake is to make it very simple to work with their G3 products, wonder how many ring there tech every week & ask the same question?

don't forget those AM sensors open the alarm relay when masked,

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

Archived