Security Installer Community

Problem With Esp Infinite System

Hi I've installed the ESP Infinite system and everything was ok apart from after connecting the 12v transformer to the external siren (INF-WES) it is providing no power to the siren. The control panel is also saying 'AC Loss External Siren'. The siren works ok on battery and the transformer seems to work ok (did a quick test powering a PS2 with it). Do I have a faulty siren box here?

Hi ,

Check that both front and rear tamper switches are closed . but "AC loss external airen " is pretty specific.Are you using the psu supplied with the siren?, check it is wired into the correct terms , and measure the voltage at these terms.

Regards.

I'm using the power supply supplied with the unit, this morning I tried another of the same rating but still no joy. You'd at least expect a beep or flash of the LED's on the siren once the external power is switched on, but nothing. Beginning to suspect that the circuitry at the AC in points is faulty. There's a transformer block on the siren's circuit board could it be that which is not working?

Archived