Security Installer Community

Hi from Swansea

Guest dmgsys

Guest dmgsys

Just a quick hello

I am currently running a small security firm in Swansea (dmg sytems ltd)

not yet approved but hovering on the edge.

Mostly fitting domestic & small commercial, mainly gardtec with some menvier.

Also maintaining some old systems.

Hope I can pick some brains or be of some help if possible

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave. Welcome to the forums. I've only been here for a couple of days and have to say this place is very friendly.

Guardtec do some great little panels and the best external sounders on the market in my opinion. I have a Novagard 4X here at home with 6 LED's that do a Nightrider sweep just to make the neighbours envious. You wanna see if you can get down to Rochdale and visit the Guardtec factory. It's quite an eye-opener. You definitely see why an English company like them can compete with world wide competition when you see their set-up.

Welcome again.

Tony

ACE.gif

Tony,

Gardtec dont have a factory in this country anymore only distribution, and i believe that is not in rochdale but in Manchester.All there gear is made abroad these days and this is straight from Gardtec.

Colin.

Didn't know they chucked the towel in. Just shows how much I know lol. I'm sure it can't have been all that long ago though as I did visit their factory about 4 years ago whilst on a CCTV seminar. They use to set their entire production line to produce a single item like the G350 rkp and run non stop for the day. The machinery reminded me of giant woodworking lathes. A computer screen at one end, several rolls in a line containing the components. They literally changed these rolls and slipped in a new program and instantly, the machinery would start producing G580 boards instead of RKP's. They even had a screen printing section for their bell covers.

Their chap was quite pleased how their production techniques enabled them to compete with foreign imported stuff. Surface mount technology all the way he said. It couldn't have been more than 4 years ago surely. Infact, the Eurosec range came out about 6 months later. A shame that they have closed down UK production.

Tony

ACE.gif

Archived