Security Installer Community

Might Need Some Help For My Course

Well Ive finally got myself on a fire alarm maintainance and fault course but from what I can gather the 2 lads on it today failed miserably, they mentioned something about working out calculations so Im gonna get as much info as I can tommorow but if I get stuck might need some assistance so if anybody could lend a hand itd be much appreciated

Well Ive finally got myself on a fire alarm maintainance and fault course but from what I can gather the 2 lads on it today failed miserably, they mentioned something about working out calculations so Im gonna get as much info as I can tommorow but if I get stuck might need some assistance so if anybody could lend a hand itd be much appreciated

who you training with and what course/module is it?

:)

Guest Cerberus NI

PM myself or any of the fire guys - hold on,just noticed you still haven't got your trade sorted out yet.Will try to follow that up asap.

I'll post this in the fire section for you and see who volunteers m8.

If its the FIA unit 5 then you shouldn't have any problems, if you do then you may need to be look at doing something else :whistle:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

After speaking to the two lads that did it yesterday the calculations are bty life calculations which in itself every alarm engineer should know but then they started harping on about what bty lifes in different circumstances ie wether the panel is on a manned site, if it signals mains fail on the redcare, if its got a generator. From what I gather they were keeping a lot of stuff under wraps so they arent made to look stupid (doesnt take much hehe)

I just wanted to do a bit of prep work before I go to the course so what they teach before the test sinks in lol so any info would be great, ill find out the exact course details on Tuesday

After speaking to the two lads that did it yesterday the calculations are bty life calculations which in itself every alarm engineer should know but then they started harping on about what bty lifes in different circumstances ie wether the panel is on a manned site, if it signals mains fail on the redcare, if its got a generator. From what I gather they were keeping a lot of stuff under wraps so they arent made to look stupid (doesnt take much hehe)

I just wanted to do a bit of prep work before I go to the course so what they teach before the test sinks in lol so any info would be great, ill find out the exact course details on Tuesday

The calculations are not as bad as they are making out..

and the best tip read the questions slowly as some of them are not best worded :hmm:

Made that mistake on the first one I did only got 96% :angry2: the other 2 course's were better 100% :rolleyes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

" and the best tip read the questions slowly as some of them are not best worded "

j.paul is dead right, and some of the questions are deleberately tricky but dont worry... the FIA have excellent tutors who take you through each section before testing you.

I can recommend these courses to everyone even if you think you know it all.

It was an eye opener to sparkies trained 20yrs ago who thought plastic cable clips met the regs:-)

Covering Avon & Somerset, Devon & Cornwall

www.Blanchard Fire & Security.co.uk

NSI Gold

Guest G.J.M
cheers for the advise, Ive just found a few sites on the net that go into detail about the new regs, saves me buying a book for

Guest G.J.M
cheers for the advise, Ive just found a few sites on the net that go into detail about the new regs, saves me buying a book for

Archived