Security Installer Community

Road Cameras

tismemike

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on the use of the different road cameras seen on motorway bridges etc.

I think the blue square boxes beside A Roads are trafficmaster(??), but what are the green boxes seen above each lane of the motorway, and other strange fittings??

This:

Green cameras

The Highways Agency are now installing cameras on many trunk roads and motorways that are similar to the Trafficmaster cameras, but are coloured dark green. These are said to be for 'traffic monitoring purposes', we believe they are connected to the National Traffic Control Centre.

In 2007 we were made aware that these cameras are part of the Highways Agency's NRTS system, which is capable of being used to support road pricing

Was taken from

Here

Googled Green Motorway Cameras......1st link

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

I'd be happy to explain what these cameras are, but in trade only forums. Can this post be moved?

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

I'd be happy to explain what these cameras are, but in trade only forums. Can this post be moved?

?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

?

i agree with what your saying magpye, why only talk about these cameras in trade area, if all that is being discussed is their type of use? seems strange to me :hmm:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Looking at the links to external websites, there's a question as to where the information from these cameras ends up and how it is used. This, whilst not being particularly sensitive information, I consider to be the type of information which many of us in the trade are privy to, and the general public must go through the appropriate channels to obtain.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Looking at the links to external websites, there's a question as to where the information from these cameras ends up and how it is used. This, whilst not being particularly sensitive information, I consider to be the type of information which many of us in the trade are privy to, and the general public must go through the appropriate channels to obtain.

Ok, but in this situation we are all the 'general public', aren't we?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Ok, but in this situation we are all the 'general public', aren't we?

agreed..if it is information which is available anyway, no matter which channel you have to go thought to obtain it. then please save some of us the time of finding out for our selves

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

agreed..if it is information which is available anyway, no matter which channel you have to go thought to obtain it. then please save some of us the time of finding out for our selves

qfa :yes:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived