Security Installer Community

//.Large National Installer.// Bellbox Sab Wiring

HI,

a friends alarm has gone US, it was an optima control panel which is basically U/S . I changed it for a Veritas 8 but can not get to bellbox which is an //.Large National Installer.// bell box (//.Large National Installer.// yellow hexagonal box with blue strobe at bottom)

due to flat roof changed to a sloped roof on garage after box fitted!!) I have wired up the panel but cant get the sounder to work. The strobe works fine on test from panel but cant get sounder to mahke a peep.

I have wired uo at panel as follows.

S green

D black

C blue

B yellow

A White strobe & Red sounder.

As I say cant get to bell box to see how it is connected any help would be a life safer

Ta Ged

HI,

a friends alarm has gone US, it was an optima control panel which is basically U/S . I changed it for a Veritas 8 but can not get to bellbox which is an //.Large National Installer.// bell box (//.Large National Installer.// yellow hexagonal box with blue strobe at bottom)

due to flat roof changed to a sloped roof on garage after box fitted!!) I have wired up the panel but cant get the sounder to work. The strobe works fine on test from panel but cant get sounder to mahke a peep.

I have wired uo at panel as follows.

S green

D black

C blue

B yellow

A White strobe & Red sounder.

As I say cant get to bell box to see how it is connected any help would be a life safer

Ta Ged

Could be anything, either get to the box and check or fit a new one somewhere else (best thing anyway to avoid future issues).

is this the national installer that had a period where they only fitted internal sounders and externally they were just

dummy bells? Think it applied to domestic signalled systems.

just a thought..

muz

is this the national installer that had a period where they only fitted internal sounders and externally they were just

dummy bells? Think it applied to domestic signalled systems.

just a thought..

muz

Good thinking mate, there were an awful lot of these installed in Domestics nationwide.

Regards: Andy@Amman Security. :ninja:

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Good thinking mate, there were an awful lot of these installed in Domestics nationwide.

Regards: Andy@Amman Security. :ninja:

So they fitted them with Strobes and NO sounders then?

see O/P

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived