Security Installer Community

Panic Alarm Wiring - With Pictures!

Bellboy

Just installed a Scantronic 9651 - all working nicely apart from the PA.

The message I get on the control panel is that the circuit is open. There were no instructions but I have wired up according to some of the discussions I have read on this forum.

Also, the red LED is on all the time - is that usual? If not usual, this may give a clue as to the problem.

Hopefully these pics could help:

post-16026-1206559385_thumb.jpg

- Green and Yellow are connected to the alarm zone terminals on the control panel. (Does it matter which way around they are connected?)

- Brown and orange are connected to the tamper loop.

- Black and red are power.

- Blue and white are not connected (at either end).

Really appreciate your help on this as it's the last piece of the puzzle.

cheers,

Is the panel reporting the zone open when the button is in its "reset" state (ie, not pressed in?) If so, try pressing the button so it goes into its "alarm" state. Does it go closed then? If so, you need to swap the little magnet round to the other hole in the lid mechanism. If no joy from that, check your wiring. You could also have a cable fault.

Yes, the LED is supposed to be on all the time, so you can find the button in the dark. You don't have to connect it if you don't want to.

Trade Member

Just installed a Scantronic 9651 - all working nicely apart from the PA.

The message I get on the control panel is that the circuit is open. There were no instructions but I have wired up according to some of the discussions I have read on this forum.

Also, the red LED is on all the time - is that usual? If not usual, this may give a clue as to the problem.

Hopefully these pics could help:

- Green and Yellow are connected to the alarm zone terminals on the control panel. (Does it matter which way around they are connected?)

- Brown and orange are connected to the tamper loop.

- Black and red are power.

- Blue and white are not connected (at either end).

Really appreciate your help on this as it's the last piece of the puzzle.

cheers,

well apart from your cables are a bit long and getting squashed on other terminals the brown and orange need twisting together in the PAB - is it showing PA open or PA tamper open? (as far as i can see from your picture there is no tamper switch on the PAB - normally tho you would,nt need a tamper pair as it is a 24 hr monitored zone anyway)

Also the 12v power you mention is that straight forward (ie not switched) ? If so then that is why LED is lit - this need connecting to a o/p on panel then becomes 'live' (ie 12v) in time of a Panic alarm activation. (as per above tho you could use the LED as a 'indicator' of its position in the dark but as i normally see these type on a galaxy they are connected via 'links' to a switched supply)

Apart from that you need to obviously put lid on and check with a meter that the zome is closed if not short the green and yellow at the PAB and then check again.

Make sure the magnet in the PAB case is in correct position these can be n/o as well as n/o (hence the spare hole) and ensure the 'green 'is showing in the PAB window.

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

from the first post i would guess himself - ie DIY'er.

Nowt wrong with that we all have to start somewhere hence my (i hope) constructive advice.

Thought he might have replied by now - maybe he fixed it?

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

from the first post i would guess himself - ie DIY'er.

Nowt wrong with that we all have to start somewhere hence my (i hope) constructive advice.

Thought he might have replied by now - maybe he fixed it?

p

Thanks for all the advice and help. Yes have DIY'd it this time.

Haven't had a chance to get to it yet, but have just set the panel to "not used" for the time being so that I can use the alarm.

I'll report back once have tried all the suggestions - Thanks again!

Thanks for all the advice and help. Yes have DIY'd it this time.

Haven't had a chance to get to it yet, but have just set the panel to "not used" for the time being so that I can use the alarm.

I'll report back once have tried all the suggestions - Thanks again!

your welcome

good luck

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

<Looking at the picture, the magnet is in the wrong position, it's set for Open circuit NOT Closed circuit

ps BN, what 'green'?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

<Looking at the picture, the magnet is in the wrong position, it's set for Open circuit NOT Closed circuit

ps BN, what 'green'?

I presume by BN you mean BK ;)

i am referring to the indicator on the front of the PAB, in its normal operating position it shows green through the the little 'window', when pressed it goes red ie 'in alarm.'

i couldn't work out from the picture whether the magnet was in the correct position and i didn't / don't have one handy to check but i was going to look next time i am at a certain supermarket site (s) that i know we use them on PFS

Paul ( Black Knight :P )

THE BLACK KNIGHT

:rolleyes::(:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I presume by BN you mean BK ;)

i am referring to the indicator on the front of the PAB, in its normal operating position it shows green through the the little 'window', when pressed it goes red ie 'in alarm.'

i couldn't work out from the picture whether the magnet was in the correct position and i didn't / don't have one handy to check but i was going to look next time i am at a certain supermarket site (s) that i know we use them on PFS

Paul ( Black Knight :P )

sorted now.

got 7 zones connected in total but the PA is programmed as zone 7 but was connected to zone 8 - Doh!

Thanks for the help, though guys. knew it was a panel wiring issue when i shorted green/yellow and the panel still showed "open"!

Archived