Security Installer Community

nacoss - ssaib

Guest clare-spencer-jones

stupid insurance companies causing us to lose business for no reason.

52941[/snapback]

why not join nsi nacoss gold & pass the cost on to your cleints

The cost will go up for them for the fact that they have the extra service and facilities, plus the added benefit of the ability to have police response, hence the larger cost of a system installed by a registered company.

True, please except my appologies, I misread the post. The additional cost I was refering to was to the end user for getting EITHER an SSAIB or NACOSS company to fit a monitored system, my mistake.

• 1 year later...
Your Insurance company cannot do this, and Pete is correct in stating that the SSAIB will fight your corner.

Both the NSI and SSAIB, have to comply with the same standards of installation and aftercare, so as far as any customer is concerned their is no difference between the two.

Thanks Pete, I know your very proud of your NSI GOLD status. I`m pleased to see you not trying to bias Clare in an NSI direction.

Can i just clear something up here i have prevouisly been registerd with the SSAIB and now going across to NSI in my own exsperiance i have that the SSAIB inspecters i have been out to jobs with have not allways been alarm engineers and some have not been able to even give definitive answers on certain things , one inspecter didnt even have knowlege on correct programing requirments for entry for PD6662 witch i find amazing , also i have found in the past i have to ring quite a few times before i get even a reply the back up in my time with them hasnt been great and also inspections have also been late as much as two years .

The NSI however have a completly diferent approach it is quite difficult to get on board in the first place the inspecter i had was very helpful and knowlege was second to none and the other thing witch is very inportant the SSAIB dont do is they will not let you pick your own jobs on inspections witch further more makes the companies keep ALL the jobs to standard

• 1 year later...
Exactly Nacoss Gold is the stronger brand. Everyone has to remeber that Nacoss hasn't suddenly disapeared with the NSI branding, its still there and fighting.

It does matter otherwise the public will continue to buy diy alarms and systems for £199 and think they meet the requirements of their insurers. It doesn't matter what body you are in until they all work at promoting the same line, then the public will continue not to know the benefits and the Pitfalls.

Colin.

nsi and ssaib are both money grabbers small companies trying to make in the world market today are being asked to fork out hundreds for what so the police and the fat cats can do nothing but hey its a free country and we all have opinions

Guest anguscanplay
nsi and ssaib are both money grabbers small companies trying to make in the world market today are being asked to fork out hundreds for what so the police and the fat cats can do nothing but hey its a free country and we all have opinions

quite right - stay as you are mate.

Archived