Security Installer Community

Rafiki Twinflex System Fault

Hi all, i have installed a twinflex 4 zone system, and occasionally the ground floor goes into fault, then clears itself, we are not 100% but it seems to be when a laser hair removal machine is used (they emit a strong bright light). Could the detector in this room with the laser be putting panel into fault mode?If so, could i rectify by just setting it to heat detection instead?Thanks in advance.

Hi all, i have installed a twinflex 4 zone system, and occasionally the ground floor goes into fault, then clears itself, we are not 100% but it seems to be when a laser hair removal machine is used (they emit a strong bright light). Could the detector in this room with the laser be putting panel into fault mode?If so, could i rectify by just setting it to heat detection instead?Thanks in advance.
Sorry forgot to add that its an optical detector at the moment

Guest Cerberus NI
Hi all, i have installed a twinflex 4 zone system, and occasionally the ground floor goes into fault, then clears itself, we are not 100% but it seems to be when a laser hair removal machine is used (they emit a strong bright light). Could the detector in this room with the laser be putting panel into fault mode?If so, could i rectify by just setting it to heat detection instead?Thanks in advance.Sorry forgot to add that its an optical detector at the moment

Dont know much about these but try phoning Rafiki tech support direct - they are very helpful (due to a lot of practice but only in my opinion!).

Hi Sysparks,

Is it a Twinflex or a Rafiki Sita addressable Panel? just that you mention "loop"

What fault does the panel show or is it just a zone fault? How does the buzzer pulse in relation to the fault light flash?

Dom

Hi Sysparks,

Is it a Twinflex or a Rafiki Sita addressable Panel? just that you mention "loop"

What fault does the panel show or is it just a zone fault? How does the buzzer pulse in relation to the fault light flash?

Dom

Hi dom, i dont think i said loop but its a twinflex system not addressable, it shows zone fault, and the buzzer sounds for about a second each time, the light does the same

Spoke to rafiki and they rekon its more likley to be induced voltage into the fp200 when the laser machine is used, than the strong light itself causing the fault.

I would have thought the screen would keep the induction at bay tho?

Spoke to rafiki and they rekon its more likley to be induced voltage into the fp200 when the laser machine is used, than the strong light itself causing the fault.

I would have thought the screen would keep the induction at bay tho?

A few suggestions

1, Change the settings to another type of detection, 2, Swap the detector with one from another zone 3, (this is a common one for reasons that cannot be explained) check to see if the end of line detector is flashing every 5 seconds, if not, get a detector from another zone and swap it over, make sure that the dil settings are set up for end of line. I have had lots of end of line detectors pack up on me ;)

A few suggestions

1, Change the settings to another type of detection, 2, Swap the detector with one from another zone 3, (this is a common one for reasons that cannot be explained) check to see if the end of line detector is flashing every 5 seconds, if not, get a detector from another zone and swap it over, make sure that the dil settings are set up for end of line. I have had lots of end of line detectors pack up on me ;)

Thanks Stewbow, i will try those suggestions,

Is this common in twinflex systems for the eol to pack in? Iv only used them 4 times (fire alarms not my main job), others have been fine. If so i might stop using them, and use conventional systems, never had any problems with them.

Thanks Stewbow, i will try those suggestions,

Is this common in twinflex systems for the eol to pack in? Iv only used them 4 times (fire alarms not my main job), others have been fine. If so i might stop using them, and use conventional systems, never had any problems with them.

In the last 5 yearsd I've put about 85 of these systems in, at say 25 detectors a time, thats well over 2000, and probabley had about 15 detectors go faulty, plus I've replaced maybe 20 or so smoke chambers.

Coventional smoke detectors need cleaning and also go faulty from time to time, and they don't neccesarally indicate to you that there is a problem, until they go into false alarm.

I think it's the old Marmite situation, love them or hate them, I love them

In the last 5 yearsd I've put about 85 of these systems in, at say 25 detectors a time, thats well over 2000, and probabley had about 15 detectors go faulty, plus I've replaced maybe 20 or so smoke chambers.

Coventional smoke detectors need cleaning and also go faulty from time to time, and they don't neccesarally indicate to you that there is a problem, until they go into false alarm.

I think it's the old Marmite situation, love them or hate them, I love them

Hate, bloody **** when they go wrong, had one detector that rendered a panel U/S due to a fault, I didn't know at the time what was faulty until another PCB was consumed! They modded them after that fiasco.

Good ideas/prices but falls over a bit on quality IMHO.

I also love marmite! :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived