Security Installer Community

Ip Cctv

leesutton

Axis seems to be the market leader and I have had good results integrating our software with their kit.

Vivotek boards are inside some brands like D-Link and Level One. Again, lots of features.

Have a look at some live cameras and video servers at www.ipalarms.net/login.aspx using ID:1 and password:demo

Click on the camera icon (second from the left) and you will see a list of cameras. Some give you live view and some just take snapshots.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

We usually use Axis (Were a Axis Authorised Partner) and Panasonic.

Axis have a good range of cameras and housings for both internal / External

The AXIS 212 PTZ is a great bit of kit!

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_212/index.htm

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_212v/index.htm

we too use axis not had any problems with them and would recommend them.good kit with no problems when i have installed them

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

You'll find an IP solution will be twice or maybe triple the cost of a conventional CCTV solution depending upon the manufacturers used.

The IP cameras/servers have their applications. especially if its impossible, impractical or you dont want to cable them.

Axis, JVC, Panasonic, Pixord, Mobotix offer various products to do similar jobs.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

You'll find an IP solution will be twice or maybe triple the cost of a conventional CCTV solution depending upon the manufacturers used.

The IP cameras/servers have their applications. especially if its impossible, impractical or you dont want to cable them.

Axis, JVC, Panasonic, Pixord, Mobotix offer various products to do similar jobs.

If you are only looking at the materials cost. When pricing you have to look at the whole cost, labour included. It's surprising how many try to save a pound or two on price of kit but then spend a fortune on labour.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Working for a distributor I tend to forget the other aspects of a business ie, labour other ancillaries etc.

If you are only looking at the materials cost. When pricing you have to look at the whole cost, labour included. It's surprising how many try to save a pound or two on price of kit but then spend a fortune on labour.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

VIVOTEK are a good cheaper alternative for IP cameras, the latest models IP7152 are very nice quality

Agree. Just unwrapped and plugged one in.

The Vivotek crew are really friendly and I should have their SDK to play with very soon.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

• 2 weeks later...

I have a good experience with AXIS, Panasonic, Sony and Mobotix. I was little bit disappointed with Vivotek and D-Link cameras, because of some software(actually firmware) problems.

But most of people I know use AXIS.

Archived