Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Manual

parsy

Hi all,

Just had a bad time adding an extra zone to a Veritas R8 panel that I installed over 10 years ago. I had an installation manual from about 2 years ago that I was using to add in the extra PIR. Turns out things have changed big time. Ended up emailing then phoning Texecom who to their credit are first class.

To cut a long story short I needed to use the eng code and 00 instead of PROG to enter the programming menu. 01 instead of 60 to change user code and 02 to set what zones are omitted during part set.

While I was struggling to get things programmed I did a factory reset to see if it helped. It didn't but with the help of Texecom and the newer manual the alarm seems to be working fine now. I'd like to double check the codes though to make sure the new programming codes I used are the same as the old ones but seem to be struggling to find the old manual.

Any of you gents got a copy you could send me? Remember it will show eng code and 00 to access programming. Even the code summary page would be enough for what I need. If anyone can help send to cr4iguk@hotmail.com.

cheers.

• 3 months later...

Archived