Security Installer Community

Registering With Nsi Or Ssaib

tory

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum so bear with me, I run the office of our security firm which has only me and my husband. He wants to get registered with the NSI or SSAIB which on his side being the installer he can do easily, its me!! Is there anyone out there that can give me advice on what admin things they look for I am still waiting for the information packs and of course raising funds to buy the standards which I suppose will help me. Its really practically what files I need, security, any ideas that will help me or let me know what I am in for. I am trying to juggle it all round my own job and child so all help gratefully received.

Thanks

Regards

Tory :)

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum so bear with me, I run the office of our security firm which has only me and my husband. He wants to get registered with the NSI or SSAIB which on his side being the installer he can do easily, its me!! Is there anyone out there that can give me advice on what admin things they look for I am still waiting for the information packs and of course raising funds to buy the standards which I suppose will help me. Its really practically what files I need, security, any ideas that will help me or let me know what I am in for. I am trying to juggle it all round my own job and child so all help gratefully received.

Thanks

Regards

Tory :)

You will be in for a shock :huh:

Both will help with the right paper work and out of the two SSAIB will be the easier to get but long term you may get more benefit in been NSI..

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest anguscanplay

you`ll struggle to meet the NSI acceptance criteria as a husband and wife team but really all the info is in the paperwork your waiting for, it might be less hassle for you to come back and post specific questions about the procces`s etc but any answers you`ll get will just be our interpretation NOT what you will need to do, or more importantly be seen to be doing

regrds

Angus

you`ll struggle to meet the NSI acceptance criteria as a husband and wife team but really all the info is in the paperwork your waiting for, it might be less hassle for you to come back and post specific questions about the procces`s etc but any answers you`ll get will just be our interpretation NOT what you will need to do, or more importantly be seen to be doing

regrds

Angus

If tory works full time her husband is therfore the only member of frontline staff so what about callout/sickness cover?

Don't SSAIB require 24/7 cover even if by buddy system with another SSAIB member?

C.

:unsure:

Guest anguscanplay
If tory works full time her husband is therfore the only member of frontline staff so what about callout/sickness cover?

Don't SSAIB require 24/7 cover even if by buddy system with another SSAIB member?

C.

:unsure:

I can only say the NSI needs at least 2 engineering staff

Guest anguscanplay
Is that the same for SSAIB 2 engineers I work part time every afternoon on the admin but if we need two engineers then we are stcuk.

you can buddy up with another SSAIB firm to cover each others work if you can find someone willing to do it ( well would you buddy up with someone new ? think about it )

Thanks everyone I have found a few things out already that I didnt know I can see this is a great website for info. We have been in business for three years and feel that we are ready to start getting all in order for registering with SSAIB or NSI I just dont want to let hubbie down and need to make sure that I can get all in order on the admin side. Thanks again :)

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks everyone I have found a few things out already that I didnt know I can see this is a great website for info. We have been in business for three years and feel that we are ready to start getting all in order for registering with SSAIB or NSI I just dont want to let hubbie down and need to make sure that I can get all in order on the admin side. Thanks again :)

so whats driving your thinking to get registered?

Hubbie says that he will get more work out of it because larger companies wanting CCTV have to have approved installer for their insurance, I think he feels that it looks better if you are acredited even though I think he does a great job as it is and to me it just looks like heaps of paperwork but I dont really know. I am a small fish in a large sea at the moment and trying my best to learn all about the security world. :)

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

Give the SSAIB and/or Nsi a call tomorrow and see if they can't speed up the info or e-mail it.

New can-o-worms.

Have you thought about ISO9001 accreditation as this may be part of your registration if you wish Nsi gold instaed of silver or could be part of your SSAIB certification needs, see here - http://www.ssaib.org/Certif.htm

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

Give the SSAIB and/or Nsi a call tomorrow and see if they can't speed up the info or e-mail it.

New can-o-worms.

Have you thought about ISO9001 accreditation as this may be part of your registration if you wish Nsi gold instaed of silver or could be part of your SSAIB certification needs, see here - http://www.ssaib.org/Certif.htm

Great will have a look

Regards

Tory

Guest anguscanplay
I am a small fish in a large sea at the moment and trying my best to learn all about the security world. :)

dont worry we`ll hold your hand (or should that be fin ? LOL)

cost us 12k and that was years ago - first days income every week belongs to the NSI

Oh god thats loads! Oh well if you can get bigger and better jobs and raise your standards I am sure it will be worth it in the long run like you say first day income every week. He may have to stay in London for a bit longer I need to find some famous people for him to work for bit more money lol

Guest anguscanplay
Oh great thanx for that how much does it cost to get SSAIB or NSI silver maybe leave gold to another day haha, from talking to hubbie its the british standard publications that also cost a bomb best get him working harder he spends his life living away in London as it is :(

cost a bomb ? :no: not compared to the rest LOL but -

have a talk to him about why he wants to get approved - its a commercial decision, if he`s not getting asked for approval now he isnt going to get asked much more when he is approved, but if he`s loosing work over it then the cost is irrelevant

cost a bomb ? :no: not compared to the rest LOL but -

have a talk to him about why he wants to get approved - its a commercial decision, if he`s not getting asked for approval now he isnt going to get asked much more when he is approved, but if he`s loosing work over it then the cost is irrelevant

He has lost quite a few jobs because of it so probably is worth it I will wait for info then have a sit down with him, I am sure that I shall work it all out and get there in the end. Its abit scary at the moment. :unsure:

:) Well have just received all of the info from NSI and SSAIB and to tell you the truth its not as scary as I thought, yes there is tons of paperwork but once its all in place I think it will be fine. Think we will be working on it for about 4 months if not longer but I do now think I can manage the office side with help from everyone at this forum anyway LOL. Still not sure which route to go down hubbie prefers NSI we will see abit of night time reading I think. Wow its an exciting life I lead. :)

Regards

Tory

Archived