Security Installer Community

Basic Guide To Networking!

breff

Hi guys, I've been asked to produce a basic guide to networking DVRs to give to our engineers. Now rather than start from scratch myself, I thought it would be easier to nick someone elses work.

Any links to web based guides that I could plaguerise?????? Or anyone got any PDFs?

cheers

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Good, but I need simpler for our guys, I really dont want to confuse them with NAT or anything to do with remote access at the moment.

Hi guys, I've been asked to produce a basic guide to networking DVRs to give to our engineers. Now rather than start from scratch myself, I thought it would be easier to nick someone elses work.

Any links to web based guides that I could plaguerise?????? Or anyone got any PDFs?

cheers

Just get them to read networking for dummies when they go to bed.

There are so many different things that someone could come unstuck with when networking things like dvr's. They really need to try and get thier heads round IP and routers before messing around on peoples networks. :!:

Just get them to read networking for dummies when they go to bed.

There are so many different things that someone could come unstuck with when networking things like dvr's. They really need to try and get thier heads round IP and routers before messing around on peoples networks. :!:

Thats basically what I said to 'management' but they want me to give everyone some idea. I don't claim to be a networking expert but know my way around your average persons home network, unfortunately this appears to be streets ahead of my colleagues.

Archived