Security Installer Community

Cctv On Phone

Hello to all here.

Iam looking to see if there is any way to view cctv cameras on your mobile phone. I read about viso from just distribution but have not been able to find them can anybody help.

paddy

Unless somethings changed recently the G3 phones will not allow video streaming yet...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hello to all here.

Iam looking to see if there is any way to view cctv cameras on your mobile phone. I read about viso from just distribution but have not been able to find them can anybody help.

paddy

Hello Paddy

Yes this is possible, but there are a few things to consider. Does your mobile service provider allow video streaming through its network. Does your mobile handset also allow for this feature. Most software or hardware system that offer viewing CCTV on mobile phones will require that your mobile handset is loaded with either the latest symbian software or windows mobile. I am from South Africa and most of our networks allow video streaming provided we have the proper mobile handsets. Then your System your cameras are connected to should be able to link to the internet via a broadband connection and also the hardware and software must be able to allow remote connection through the internet. The most commanly used System By me is the Avermedia, which allows for remote monitoring through the internet via laptop or PC and also via certain mobile handsets and PDA's

Iam looking to see if there is any way to view cctv cameras on your mobile phone.

Absolutely - our customers do it all the time with their mobiles on a GPRS plan. It's mainly single image snapshots but this will progress to video streaming with the takeup of EDGE.

I saw our service viewed through something called Mini Opera (I think) and images were crystal clear - if a little small.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

A friend of mine has a G3 phone and he tells me only real player will allow video streaming on the 3 network. So if you can view your video source using real player that may work?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I use Opera Mini (http://www.operamini.com/download/) on windows smartphone (Orange SPVe650) and it works well with LookC units.

As always the signal governs update rates. Edge doesnt seem to be any faster than gprs in the devon countryside either.

Covering Avon & Somerset, Devon & Cornwall

www.Blanchard Fire & Security.co.uk

NSI Gold

Archived