Security Installer Community

Viper Sensors

handman

undone the contact checked the wires all fine screwed it back up now the alarm is working fine !! but will get new contacts just to be on the safe side thanks for your help

you don't need to get a new contact, simply leave one wire off one of the chromed terminals and try to set, if zones is working you won't be able to set, obviously if you can set the zone is at fault may just be a programming error.

tbh after 5 years untouched you need your system serviced, so get a recommened guy in who can also sort out your system properly

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just tried what you said about tapping the contacts made no difference so activated the alarm and tapped it with the door open and it started to work so it must be the contact with the wires attched causing the problem

:)

Stuck contact, at the very least replace / get it replaced, it will only happen again and of course have the alarm serviced.

Sorry I did not suggest you tapped the contact with the door open, it's the way to free a 'stuck' contact, but you got there in the end.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

:)

Stuck contact, at the very least replace / get it replaced, it will only happen again and of course have the alarm serviced.

Sorry I did not suggest you tapped the contact with the door open, it's the way to free a 'stuck' contact, but you got there in the end.

mentioned just for a giggle,

way back when vibro's were used on windows, a colleague of mine decided to test every vibro on this newsagents casement window to vengefully annoy the owner who had upset him, these were pub type window with 9" x 6" glass sections. trouble was it was brass monkey weather and the glass was old and brittle, he smashed 8 of them before giving up :rolleyes:

happy days

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived