Security Installer Community

Minereva Again

tismemike

I have a Minerva 80 panel with an intermittent fault. Whenever I reach site, the panel is clear (of course). interrogating the log, I see that the fault is an open cct on A + loop. The security guard tells me that the message he saw, before resetting the panel was O/C non addressed device.

The A loop has 80 devices configured and sees the 80 devices both ways. Quiescent current is 2ma.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna need to catch this one while still in fault condition. Any ideas????

I have a Minerva 80 panel with an intermittent fault. Whenever I reach site, the panel is clear (of course). interrogating the log, I see that the fault is an open cct on A + loop. The security guard tells me that the message he saw, before resetting the panel was O/C non addressed device.

The A loop has 80 devices configured and sees the 80 devices both ways. Quiescent current is 2ma.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna need to catch this one while still in fault condition. Any ideas????

Yeah tell him only to silence alarms and not press reset.

Explain that if fire is detected it will still activate the alarms etc

Reset should only be pressed when the person pressing it knows why the alrm activated, he does not.

Guest Cerberus NI
Yeah tell him only to silence alarms and not press reset.

Explain that if fire is detected it will still activate the alarms etc

Reset should only be pressed when the person pressing it knows why the alrm activated, he does not.

Problem is that if it's intermittant then the fault condition will clear (ie - yellow led goes out) and you're only left with the lcd text display anyway.

If it's one of the older 80's where the loop termination blocks push on beware that cable stress can cause them to "ping" out or give a bad contact at the board.

You need to be pushing for an upgrade at this stage anyways or at least make them aware of 2010 (withdrawl of support on these beasties).

it does not matter that it has been reset as it will be in the log anyway! non addressable point is the loop card itself, could be lots of things causing the loop to open circuit, poor connection in the panel is most likely, however on older minerva systems it is not uncommon to have isolators on there way out opening the loop intermittently, if this the case and the fault is present when you arrive on site then check isolators or split loop and see what range of devices you lose.

But like it was stated previously inform client to start considering replacing this system as even //.Large National Installer.// are struggleing to support it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like mother board line isolator going faulty.

Replace motherboard or upgrade to new panel.

Nout else but //.Large National Installer.// fire panel will run all detection, so replace complete system if customer does not want to be tied to //.Large National Installer.// again.

Parachute for sale used once....unopened....slight stain

Guest Cerberus NI
Sounds like mother board line isolator going faulty.

Replace motherboard or upgrade to new panel.

Nout else but //.Large National Installer.// fire panel will run all detection, so replace complete system if customer does not want to be tied to //.Large National Installer.// again.

Need to consider upgrade anyway due to above withdrawl of support (as indicated above) 2010.

• 1 month later...

Not sure how these panels work but a simple way to find this type of fault(as long as it only appears for a short while) would be to disconnect one side of the loop and put links in to clear the loop fault. You may have to re-log if the system wiring is mapped. When the fault appears again it should show the address where the fault lies. However not sure what the non addressed bit means.Worth a try

Guest Cerberus NI
Not sure how these panels work but a simple way to find this type of fault(as long as it only appears for a short while) would be to disconnect one side of the loop and put links in to clear the loop fault. You may have to re-log if the system wiring is mapped. When the fault appears again it should show the address where the fault lies. However not sure what the non addressed bit means.Worth a try

Non addressable generally means an on board output or input.

• 4 years later...

I had a Minerva showing fault non-addressable point years ago. 2 *** engineers spent hours chasing the fault and finally traced it to 1 dodgy sd as the fault cleared when the device was removed. But to find this it would have to be present all the time...

I had a Minerva showing fault non-addressable point years ago. 2 *** engineers spent hours chasing the fault and finally traced it to 1 dodgy sd as the fault cleared when the device was removed. But to find this it would have to be present all the time...

non addressable point is something within the panel, it may be that there was a lack of isolators installed and a single faulty devices was causing the loop driver compensation issues so the panel would report O/C non addressable point loop A 

The Minerva 80 was a great product

Archived