Security Installer Community

Acet

Klatu67

Hi all, I'm looking for some help here...

I live in a 6 flat tenement, with an ACET door security system, for front door entry.

It's an old system, basically the control panel consists of 6 buttons, one for each flat, people push the button they need

and you have a handset inside to answer to ask whos there, then you push a button and they can enter.

The problem is that some of the buttons on the front door control panel dont work, you can still buzz people in, but only if you know they are waiting there.

Does anyone know how I could fix this panel, or would I be able to fit a new panel using existing wiring???

thanks

Klatu

Never used this make!! but most panels you can quite easily replace buttons common fault local security company should be able to help you out .

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

as Monty rightly says, and if they are a bespoke design most simple type of door entry systems work on the same wring.

i also have not seen this kit, but many can work on an amplifier and front panel from different makers etc, so replacing with another make and retaining the handsets to save cost is quite feasible, though usually best simply to replace all and get the warranty cover from the installer.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi all, I'm looking for some help here...

I live in a 6 flat tenement, with an ACET door security system, for front door entry.

It's an old system, basically the control panel consists of 6 buttons, one for each flat, people push the button they need

and you have a handset inside to answer to ask whos there, then you push a button and they can enter.

The problem is that some of the buttons on the front door control panel dont work, you can still buzz people in, but only if you know they are waiting there.

Does anyone know how I could fix this panel, or would I be able to fit a new panel using existing wiring???

thanks

Klatu

If you don't own the whole building surely it's a job/problem for the landlord/housing association/council that own the block?

Thanks to all for you help. I'm looking into it further. Thanks again.

As a tempoary job you can fix a standard bell push next to the panel and connect it in parallel to the faulty button.

Vandel proof buttons are sold by RS components, CPC, Farnell etc. Get the size and order one up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived