Security Installer Community

M800

Monty

we have a problem with random tampers on an menvier M800 just upgraded an old system and on testing have this problem have been through all wiring core to core core to earth all pairs good fitted act dumper to aux 12v and E as indused volts was at 14v now .6v but still if we take any neg supply from op 3 we get random tampers even on linked out zones, change to aux supply and its ok even 1 smoke det M12 from op 3 back come the random tampers (only to pcb zones not key pad or MSnode zones )even changed panel still same ?? ) any Ideas been 2 days 3rd panel youcant have 2 faulty togeather ??

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Been on to tech and they say that should be in the past ?? do you know which where the bad blocks 1 panel had large black blocks with flat slotted screws other had smaller Grey blocks with star screws ?? been back today and fitted smart relay to reset vipers as the system behaved OK as long as we didn't take any load from output 3 ( so kind of puts payed to blocks theory )very strange but after 3 days disconnecting /testing/ replacing seems to be happy now but not had answer as to what would cause this problem have the 1st M800 that we fitted back to stores to bench test and try to recreate problem on test bench But would like to here any theorys that any one has just in case it happens again (been using Menvier for 15 years and this is a first for us )

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

It's the terminal blocks, known fault on some, particularly earlier panels - get a new latest replacement panel or swap the terminal blocks for new, (or replace the faulty terminal strip with some unused).

Don't overtighten!

Hi

That was with the early M series panels that had the prob with the terminal blocks apparently all sorted now. The prob has got to be external and not the panel. I have fitted loads of these and have not had any faults like this.

Hi

That was with the early M series panels that had the prob with the terminal blocks apparently all sorted now. The prob has got to be external and not the panel. I have fitted loads of these and have not had any faults like this.

There are still some early panels around that have been flash upgraded to v3, the problem was there with panels originally having v2 software - never believe 'all sorted'!

May not be the problem here of course but classic symptoms of the terminals problem.

The M series panels definately do not like the old biscuits, I would not replace the panel without replacing the biscuits as well

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Fitted an M800iD on eisting system today and had the 'random tamper' issue - pcb was definitely an old version flash upgraded.

Re-fitted terminal strips and changed iD chips to resolve the issue ...... hopefully!

Take it you fitted capacitors you can get random tampers some times if not used

I had a nightmre of a time trying to fit an M800 iD.

I had a TS690 die on me so I put an M800 in it's place.

From first power up it did nothing but generate random tampers on the thirty iD zones.

Tried upgrading the original iD biscuits (white type) to iD+ biscuits (black type)...random tampers!

Tried replacing decoupling capacitors (only three allowed on the iD line)...random tampers!

Tried fitting ACT 12V filter across aux output...random tampers!

Tried fitting ACT iD filter...random tampers!

Tried earthing all redundant cores...random tampers!

Tried wrapping the iD biscuits in foil (getting really desperate now)...random tampers!

Eventually gave up, rewired the place for standard EOL and fitted a Galaxy G3 panel (not my favourite but none the less).

No more random tamper problems.

Lost a boat load of money as job was on a fixed price.

Archived