Security Installer Community

Door Contacts

Alarm Co

while we are in this area. i've been using Gardetec's G3 rated oblong (8w) j/b's on the last few jobs, they have proper terminal blocks on a removable pcb making conecting in tight spaces much easier. they have a spring loaded tactile button for a lid contact.

imo a real pleasure to use imo so check them out, and good riddence to those crappy j/b's with 2 bits of chromed tin for a tamper.

i wonder how many false alarms were they have been responsible over the years? :angry2:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
while we are in this area. i've been using Gardetec's G3 rated oblong (8w) j/b's on the last few jobs, they have proper terminal blocks on a removable pcb making conecting in tight spaces much easier. they have a spring loaded tactile button for a lid contact.

imo a real pleasure to use imo so check them out, and good riddence to those crappy j/b's with 2 bits of chromed tin for a tamper.

i wonder how many false alarms were they have been responsible over the years? :angry2:

regs

alan

ah well everyone knows since June last year the "leaf tampers.." have been down graded to G1 (you didnt know that ? shame on you)

but to answer your other question about roller door contacts - they are classed as encapsulated and protected by the armoured (LOL) sleeve - hence G2

ah well everyone knows since June last year the "leaf tampers.." have been down graded to G1 (you didnt know that ? shame on you)

but to answer your other question about roller door contacts - they are classed as encapsulated and protected by the armoured (LOL) sleeve - hence G2

the companies i worked for before i started on my own (with the exception of chubbs) did not use that tamper, and i avoid them where i can or fit the large 24 way with a micro switch, bit excessive on size but i know it won't give me any hassle and you can write inside the lid any notes you need.

you can get the smaller ali contacts about 28mm long x 12mm high that come with the same flexi sheath, these are what i'm using on the current large commercial install, i just can't think how you'd sell them on any domestic's though

a crazy thing is, all this fuss about tampered magnets for G3 and you can still cut a hole in the door or or remove the glass, so any alarm installer with an ounce of common sense on a job requiring a high degree of protection will fit secondary detection to double cover for confirmation if nothing else and the insurrers will insist on belt and braces approach, making the whole debacle over contacts totally bleeding pointless imo :rolleyes:

another grip with this stupid mess, a dual-tec by definition is 2 detectors inside one case, so 2 different technologies have to be affected at the same time by a moving source before it signals an alarm condition, yet we can't have confirmed signal on a single dual-tec device - so why oh why?.

if we fit 2 pirs in a lounge back to back or fit the 'v' type dual pirs in a corner which have separate zones within the same box and you can have confirmed signals, so go figure :fear:

:hmm: perhaps we need an inspectorate with some real guts that fights on the side of the installers for the sakes of applying some sound common sense in this trade perhaps?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived