Security Installer Community

Your Opinons On Equipment And Installation

sullym6

Good evening although there arn't that many browsing.

I have had a chat with the missus and have decided up my budget and to try and negotiate aslight reduction in cost of installation (do alram companies do that?)

Hopefully this will result with us having a pro fit certed alarm.

I am a bit hasty so my plans have yoyo'ed a bit.

Btw friend of a friend didn't show up as planned but did manage to persuade a lad fom work to fit the fused spur and some extra security lights (the house is going to be lit up like christmas :) )

Will let you know the outcome if it can't be reduced then it's time to find a pro who can do it on the weekend bit-o-cashin-hand

Thanks again for all your help and advise.

Sully

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good evening although there arn't that many browsing.

I have had a chat with the missus and have decided up my budget and to try and negotiate aslight reduction in cost of installation (do alram companies do that?)

Hopefully this will result with us having a pro fit certed alarm.

I am a bit hasty so my plans have yoyo'ed a bit.

Btw friend of a friend didn't show up as planned but did manage to persuade a lad fom work to fit the fused spur and some extra security lights (the house is going to be lit up like christmas :) )

Will let you know the outcome if it can't be reduced then it's time to find a pro who can do it on the weekend bit-o-cashin-hand

Thanks again for all your help and advise.

Sully

Sorry, but this comes across as something of a cavalier attitude to what is, our chosen profession. Everything seems to be an after thought. And now you want what may be a member on TSI to do the job 'on the cheap'. Do you not see how this looks?

Also, may i ask if you work for reduced pay?? I'll assume not. So why should we?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Sorry, but this comes across as something of a cavalier attitude to what is, our chosen profession. Everything seems to be an after thought. And now you want what may be a member on TSI to do the job 'on the cheap'. Do you not see how this looks?

Also, may i ask if you work for reduced pay?? I'll assume not. So why should we?

There are plenty of professionals in many trades that do work on the side, with regards to reduced pay there is a discount available in most things these days, PVC windows, electrical goods at Curries Dixons etc. I'm sure it won't be a problem if I was asking for a price match against another company. It's the long term maintenace that is probably more lucrative than a new install anyway.

Fair enough that I thought the job was easier than it really is and I listened to all the advise, after all I am a noob so no need to jump down my throat.

If you are not happy with my posts then feel free not to read them.

Sully

Guest anguscanplay
There are plenty of professionals in many trades that do work on the side, with regards to reduced pay there is a discount available in most things these days, PVC windows, electrical goods at Curries Dixons etc. I'm sure it won't be a problem if I was asking for a price match against another company. It's the long term maintenace that is probably more lucrative than a new install anyway.

Fair enough that I thought the job was easier than it really is and I listened to all the advise, after all I am a noob so no need to jump down my throat.

If you are not happy with my posts then feel free not to read them.

Sully

sully, sully, sully calm down there - theres two sides to every post, might be barooga has problems with his engineers doing " fiddle jobs " (because thats what they are ) and loosing him customers.

ask for your discount (if you dont ask you dont get) but to put another myth to bed - would you be happy signing a 5 year service contract ? probably not so dont be suprised if we want paying today not next year or the year after

you`r going the right way and have seen the job benefits from a pro. install - good on you thats probably saved you money in real terms but your also going to have to accept that the right to post and disagree is a two way street

let us know what the quotes come in at and we`ll rip them to bits for you

angus

There are plenty of professionals in many trades that do work on the side, with regards to reduced pay there is a discount available in most things these days, PVC windows, electrical goods at Curries Dixons etc. I'm sure it won't be a problem if I was asking for a price match against another company. It's the long term maintenace that is probably more lucrative than a new install anyway. Fair enough that I thought the job was easier than it really is and I listened to all the advise, after all I am a noob so no need to jump down my throat.If you are not happy with my posts then feel free not to read them.Sully
well i can also asure you that there aren't professionals in curries that will do a deal on the side
Sorry, but this comes across as something of a cavalier attitude to what is, our chosen profession. Everything seems to be an after thought. And now you want what may be a member on TSI to do the job 'on the cheap'. Do you not see how this looks?Also, may i ask if you work for reduced pay?? I'll assume not. So why should we?
Q.F.A :angry:

anguscanplay I am carm just felt a little cornered since I joined, I am a member of many forums and I try to help regardless of how silly I think the question.

I am not a cheap skate by any accounts but sometimes the good days come to an end (hopefully temporary), you are correct I wouldn't be happy paying for 5 years maint up front but not a problem on a yearly basis. The point I was trying to make is that if anything goes wrong you always go back to the installing company so they stand to make some more income.

Hopefully they will come back with a slightly reduced offer and then I get a certed pro job and then atleast I can reply to any newbies and show them light.

Thanks

Sully

Guest anguscanplay
Hopefully they will come back with a slightly reduced offer and then I get a certed pro job and then atleast I can reply to any newbies and show them light.

Thanks

Sully

tell em how nice Angus was ? LOL

anguscanplay I am carm just felt a little cornered since I joined, I am a member of many forums and I try to help regardless of how silly I think the question.

I am not a cheap skate by any accounts but sometimes the good days come to an end (hopefully temporary), you are correct I wouldn't be happy paying for 5 years maint up front but not a problem on a yearly basis. The point I was trying to make is that if anything goes wrong you always go back to the installing company so they stand to make some more income.

Thanks

Sully

you may find you get tied into a 5 year contract but only pay year by year

I am o.k with that who else am I going to call if it goes tits up as you can see from my postings I know F.A about alarms

Sully

We cover Manchester and are SSAIB approved.

But we dont work for free.

We will not tie you into any sort of contract but want a fair price for a good job with service to match.

wolf Security (N.W.) Ltd

0845 2577011

www.wolfsecurity.co.uk

Archived