Security Installer Community

Tamper Fault - Modern Alarm 3200

Discokid

probably the battery.

Scannies (which that is) have a battery fault circuit built in which is part of the 'tamper' circuit

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Hi all,

I'm having problems with a "tamper fault" on a Modern Alarm 3200. The alarm intermittently goes off every 30-90 minutes with no sign of tampering. The reset code has no long lasting effect on the system.

All suggestions and help welcome.

Hi there,

here we go, what is the display showing when this occurs?

There are a number of Event Log Displays that show on the Keypad, different ones mean different things, get back to us with the exact display, along with any lights that are also showing and we'll see what we can ho for you.

By the way the Modern Alarms 3200 is a re-badged Scantronic 9800

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

so if it is battery fault you will set 'bf' ,if it is a problem with your external bell/sounder you will get 'tr' or if it a problem with a detecteor it will say 't1' to t8'. There is a load more so as magpye says you need to get back to us with the exact readout.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived