Security Installer Community

3 Panic Buttons

sven

Depending on the panel and is tolerance between alarm and high resistance open circuit tamper indication you could fit resistors in parallel with the reed at each device with the EOL at the last one, however, I also prefer the use of the third wire method.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depending on the panel and is tolerance between alarm and high resistance open circuit tamper indication you could fit resistors in parallel with the reed at each device with the EOL at the last one, however, I also prefer the use of the third wire method.

yes but should the circuit itself not be in series?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay
yes but should the circuit itself not be in series?

you pedant LOL - yes the resistors are in parallel but the devices are in series, its down to the accademic risk of 2 panics been read by the panel as a different trigger ( mask, tamper, fault etc) probably never be an issue but if your going to do a thing right then............

you pedant LOL - yes the resistors are in parallel but the devices are in series, its down to the accademic risk of 2 panics been read by the panel as a different trigger ( mask, tamper, fault etc) probably never be an issue but if your going to do a thing right then............

that would not be an issue unless 'zone splitting' was selected. the option is global (well on gardtec) but not sure if a zone was progged as pab if the 'splitting' will still be allowed on that zone within the program, surely this would not be allowed?

:hmm: might be handy for all those pa buttons hidden behind the flower vase's and tissue boxes or even behind new headboards :rolleyes:

what do you guys mean by 'the 3rd wire' option?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

-------------------------------0____0-----------------------------0____0------------------------------0_____0----------[ res]-----. : : : :---------------------------------- [res]-------------------(third wire)------------------ : :------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is why I never text anybody!!!!Told Ya :-(Can someone please delete this mess lol

-------------------------------0____0-----------------------------0____0------------------------------0_____0----------[ res]-----. : : : :---------------------------------- [res]-------------------(third wire)------------------ : :------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is why I never text anybody!!!!Told Ya :-(Can someone please delete this mess lol

thanks spider for the effort - but i'm still none the wiser :lol:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

come on somebody - give us a tecnical (incl diagram) of the three wire method.

I am, now that i think about it) aware of the method but having neve used it i would like somebody who has to detail it.

Why is it better than just paralling the contacts ?

To be honest tho its a mute point - unless you really have to All 'points' be they PA's or contacts should be on individual zones IMHO

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

was not having a dig in any way, :cold2: just misunderstood the reply myself, so what chance a diyer.....

i would also agree that each pa ideally should be on its own circuit, but . the gentleman only has one zone left......

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

See attached diagram, its not the right way to do it, I wont explain why in public, but it will work for you.

post-590-1198255900_thumb.jpg

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived